101. Donnie X Female!Autistic!Reader

Requested by BlueyTheBluegirl

During a traffic jam...

Inside the turtle tank, (Y/N) covered her ears wincing from the loud noise. Especially when a few ambulances passed by. Donnie glanced at the two brothers trying to search for something, close to tiptoe movements as Leo comforts her.

"Should I be aware why (Y/N) doesn't like that particular sound?" Donnie asked as Leo rolls his eyes, silently shushing the purple turtle.

("April briefly mentioned (Y/N) hates those types of sound.")

("Her hearing can't handle it and another example would be one of your other choices of music.")

("Aka dubstep.")

("She nearly fell off the sewer ladders shielding her ears from it, when the girls weren't available for a group study.")

("Also, you owe her a set of new headphones for that.") Leo whispered just as Raph found a spare of noise canceling headphones and handed it over to her.

(Y/N) immediately equips the headset as she slowly relaxes.

"Leo, please don't be harsh on your brother while I'm here."

"Donnie doesn't have to do that."

"I'm content that he's now aware of my personal peeves and just leave it at that." (Y/N) said as Leo goes back to his seat still annoyed at Donnie.

The next day in the lair close to late evening...

Donnie saw the girls with a modified laptop as the projector displayed the Playstation version of Space Invaders with the opening cutscene showing [TANK GRAVEYARD: IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO PERISHED IN 1978].

(Y/N) adjusted the volume to a lower setting while the guys were amazed how the atmosphere in the game shifted as the guy in the tank begins to fight off the robot aliens.

"We never seen this version before..."

"And what a way to start off the game!" Leo said as (Y/N) snickers.

"I didn't know this was a different take on the original."

"And this was the first game I played before my console stopped working last year."

"Luckily the disc still works though!"

"So, who wants to play first?" (Y/N) asked the guys hold a mini rock paper scissors round for the first level.

Two hours later...

Mikey and Raph struggled with expert mode and gave up after Mars' final boss. Leo only took his turn on the Jupiter level as he noticed (Y/N) grabbing the controller from Raph then giving it to Donnie. Who lost his train of thought, imagining a vehicle based off of the final bosses. 

"I'm sure Donnie can defeat this annoying boss."

"Along with the fact, he was the only one using the powerups in this game." (Y/N) said almost sitting close to him.

Leo gave a skeptical look for a few seconds but shrugged it off after her assumption proved to be correct as Donnie vanquished the boss. Before it unleashed a bullet-like attack pattern, moments after it exploded. Then the screen transitions to the amount of points during the level.

After 20 minutes, Donnie pauses the screen when the alien world atmosphere reveals to be a background similar to an arcade machine. With graphics close to the original game. He heard faint snoring from the other teens now sleeping as he stared, displeased at them.

"I'm not assisting my brothers if they complain over the same boss."

"Also their loss on this final level." Donnie said over-confidently as (Y/N) chuckles.

The screen returns to the main menu, with Donnie slowly gripping on the controller as he speaks.

"(Y/N), you're too forgiving from yesterday's events..."

"When Leo brought up, you nearly falling off one of the sewer ladders,"

"I ended up getting a nightmare where you lost your memories, due to my negligent actions..."

"A sorry from me can't suffice-"

Donnie detects her hand on the other half of the controller as he looks up.

"You admitting that, is just fine with me..."

"Although, if you really want to..."

"Does a date sound okay?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie gradually blushes not expecting her forward solution.

Splinter grumbles in the distance after getting his midnight snack.

"What's this about a date-"

(Y/N) observes the purple turtle quickly ushering his sleepy dad out of the room whispering 'it's none of your business' as the blush on his face deepens. She smiles as she turns off the laptop and projector contently, taking his blush as a yes.

Two weeks later...

The turtles grew suspicious why Donnie kept skipping out on the night patrols. They ended today's usual routine early and went ahead checking his lab if he was there. Most of his equipment stayed untouched, as the trio dreaded the worst until April called, with her chit chat on face time.

"Well, it's safe to know, Donnie's skipping night patrols for a certain gal..." April said with a smirk on her face as she shows the two teens holding hands while Donnie glares at her.

"Since when were you two dating-"

"Two weeks actually, if that answers your question, Mikey." (Y/N) said as she grins.

"Ugh, I didn't count on the dumb dumbs finding out from April..." Donnie sighed as (Y/N) hums.

"If you give out the same excuse, they're likely to be concerned."

"Just be glad Splinter-"

Donnie covers her mouth with his hand as she squeaks, startled by his reaction.

"I swear, all of you are watching the science channel for a month!"

"That includes you, (Y/N)!" Donnie said staring down at (Y/N) as she nods while the others chuckle at the couple.

Bonus:

4 days later...

Donnie woke up as (Y/N) sat near his bed, looking at him with curious eyes.

"Was there a follow up to the dream, where I had amnesia?" (Y/N) asked as he sits up answering her question.

"In some ways, yes."

"Almost close to four days, you finally gained back your memory..."

"And not to sound cheesy, like one of my brothers."

"You said my name, looking right at me..."

"I assume the hug I gave ended the dream and well..." Donnie said feeling a bit of blush on his face as (Y/N) rests against his arm as the couple talked back and forth to another conversation.

_____________________________________________

Edited January 18, 2020

I did my best with this one (I have a brother with autism so I used a bit of what he experienced [mostly at the sharp sounds])

Leave comments or criticisms