17. Commotion Mall

5 pm...

The turtle tank unexpectedly stopped as the four teens look at Donnie for an answer. He then examines the areas of concern afterwards.

"Weird... Everything seems to be fine." Donnie said as he taps the screen displaying a holographic map outside the ride as a large structure appearing to be a mall in the distance.

"Aren't parking lots supposed to be filled with cars, because there's only a few here." Raph said as he squints at the slightly bright screen.

"Are we going with plan H again since we don't have our disguises?" Mikey asked.

Without thinking, (Y/N) pressed the button to open the door out of the transportation causing the guys to move away in formation.

"(Y/N)! Do you think you know this place?" Raph asked.

"Not really. But it doesn't hurt to ask directions." (Y/N) said as a somewhat cool breeze brushes their hair lightly.

Raph's overprotective mode kicks in as he gently grabs (Y/N)'s right arm.

"It's kind of dangerous to be by yourself (Y/N)." Raph said.

(Y/N) slightly pouted their face in annoyance.

"I was going to ask if one of you wanted to go with me for safety measures but now-"

Leo stepped in between the two teens before an argument commence as he put his arm around (Y/N).

"Relax Raph! I can watch over (Y/N) while you guys wait for,-"

"How much time (Y/N)?" Leo said looking at (Y/N).

"One hour." (Y/N) said deadpanned.

"Exactly one hour! Time it Donnie!" Leo said as his brother shrugged and did so waiting for the others' reaction.

"All right then, let's move along (Y/N)!" Leo said pushing (Y/N) out of the door with Donnie touching the timer button as it begins to count down.

The door closed as the two left.

"I sure hope Leo knows what he's doing." Raph said.

"Hmmm. Why not work on your apology to (Y/N)?" Mikey said nonchalantly.

"What?" Raph said questioning his younger brother while Donnie blocked out the conversation listening to techno music not interested in this scenario.

___________________________________________________

Inside the mall, it felt somewhat empty despite the bright lights and other props decorated around the two teens.

"Really wished there were a person in the directory to ask directions."

"And not a map of the building." (Y/N) said walking ahead of Leo.

Leo spotted an animal mascot farther ahead as he gripped onto (Y/N)'s wrist.

"Do you see that (Y/N)!" Leo said excitedly as he pointed with their hand.

"Uh... I thought amusement parks only do that.." (Y/N) said puzzled looking at the person after letting go of Leo's hand.

"Nah there's more to the mascot theme. I've seen more cuter ones online than in New York." Leo said.

"We really don't have any other options, do we..." (Y/N) said sighing.

"Not really but, let's be wary of the stranger danger code though.." Leo said.

(Y/N) snickered at Leo's comment and nodded at him as they head toward the mascot.

The mascot noticed the two teens and jumped for joy while scurrying in their direction. Leo protected (Y/N) as they didn't expect this reaction from the mascot. The creature bowed hello and pulled a paper behind them that seemed to be the said directions back home.