56. Raph X Spidersona!Reader

Requested by chu1luc

Raph wasn't sure about the sudden decrease in criminal activity. Although he keeps forgetting to check in with Donnie, as his brothers usually interrupt the purple turtle before he gets the chance to speak.

Before the turtles went inside the turtle tank, April sends a video to them with a message saying.

Just watch and man is it amazing!!!

Donnie displays the video on his tech wrist as it materializes into a purple hologram.

Another robbery foiled by Upturn Silk who folks described a webbed vigilante straight out of a comic book.

A stolen armored car containing 2 million in gold bricks was about to collide into a park entrance but an enormous spider web emerges out of nowhere protecting bystanders from a disastrous scene.

One artist managed to capture a photo of the selfless heroine located a block away from a nearby building.

She left the scene after ensnaring the three crooks in a web like cocoon as police arrived.

We'll continue to keep updating on this upstanding-

Donnie pauses the video two minutes before the reporter ends her story.

"Well that explains why there's hardly any crimes detected." Donnie said.

"A solo lass who stops crime with a cute outfit."

"The news might worth watching this time." Leo said.

"I can't help but think of sunflowers after seeing her." Mikey said.

"Okay! New plan, during our usual night patrol, we'll try to meet with Upturn Silk!" Raph said as his brothers cheered heading to the vehicle with vigorous energy.

__________________________________________________      

(Y/N) wasn't feeling the same fighting spirit ever since that news video appeared as she finished munching on a cheeseburger she ordered before starting her usual night watch. She throws out the wrapper in a trash can now drinking her favorite soda with a semi tired expression.

("I wonder if I got stung by those glowing green mosquitoes...") 

("With my half jumping spider dna,")

(Y/N) pondered for a few seconds before resuming her thoughts.

("I could definitely pull off the cute eyes!")

(Y/N) grins to herself as she puts the empty can in the recycle bin now leaping to the next rooftop building.  

Back with the turtles...

The night patrol still lingered in quiet activity until Leo thought to portal his way to meet with "Upturn Silk" as a creative first impression. Raph immediately exits out of the turtle tank chasing after him with Mikey by his side. Donnie waited for the vehicle to close on it's own before regrouping with his brothers.

Leo squints his eyes for a few seconds and recognizes Upturn Silk's (f/c) outfit near by as he halts preparing his odachi sword's portal technique.

(Y/N) loses her balance seeing a light bluish portal materialize out of nowhere. She curses at her erratic web ability now at it's limit for the day.

Leo ends up falling into a trash filled dumpster groaning at his landing as Raph manages to catch (Y/N) in his arms.

(Y/N) slowly took a peek at the person who saved her as she stared in awe at the large turtle wearing a red bandana.

"Before you freak out,"

"There's kind of a science convention me and my brothers have to get to so..." Raph said hoping that plan H will fool Upturn Silk.

(Y/N) observes him close to stuttering on his words as she begins to mention him bridal carrying her.

"Um... You're still-"

Raph's red mask tints pink as he apologizes letting the girl descend from his arms while Mikey grabs Leo out of the dumpster.

("She's definitely got Raph caught in her web.") Leo whispered as Mikey dropped him to the ground unamused by the cheesy one-liner.

After the usual introductions...

"Kind of unusual for a heroine to be tired of the spotlight..."

"Especially when you just got on the news." Donnie said as (Y/N) sighs.

"Some of the villains I face are just the typical power hungry villain or a petty thief."

"I'm just thankful rivals around my age are more chill but,"

"A lot of them are taking a break or venturing out to other multiverses."

"To be honest, that news report you guys saw,"

"I was just there at the right time before that stolen truck zoomed by." (Y/N) said.

"But that doesn't explain the crimes being at an all time low after that news report..." Donnie mentioned.

"Hmmm..."

"Is this usually your guys' turf when it comes to bad guys?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well it's both a yes and no."

"We just have our night patrols but,"

"You know, this is whole situation." Raph said as he does a circular motion around his face while (Y/N) nods.

"If it helps, most of the crimes I stopped just involved stolen goods of various value."

"I lost track after the ninth one."

"Almost kind of burnt out of the hero duty because of that." (Y/N) sighed.

"What if me and my brothers help out?"

"Just a change of-"

"What's it called Donnie?" Raph said turning his direction to him.

"A change of scenery is always nice."

"Yeah that!" Raph said proud of remembering that phrase.

(Y/N) giggles at him as the pink blush reappears on his mask.

"Sure, I'll be happy to hang out with you guys." (Y/N) said as she held out her hand to Raph.

Raph carefully accepts the handshake as the two teens smile at each other.

After 3 hours, (Y/N) waved good bye before going back to her apartment as the teens went their separate ways.

Raph didn't comment on any of his brothers' suggestions on how to impress (Y/N) whenever they see her again.

Back at the lair, just before Raph could get away Donnie steps in front of him.

"Aside from the multiverse theories..."

"(Y/N) asked if you're available on a 'mission'."

"And just the two of you on that matter." Donnie said.   

Raph went light headed as he rubbed his forehead from today's events. But he was secretly excited about that "mission" though.

__________________________________________________ 

Originally typed September 29, 2019; Edited October 5, 2019

chu1luc provided some additional details to this prompt (and it really helped since I'm not that into the marvel franchise [aside from a few series: big hero 6 (tv series) and possibly the spiderverse movie])

Leave comments or criticisms