150. Donnie X Female!Reader: Alternate Ending

Requested by PancakesYum2

In (Y/N)'s apartment at 3:30 pm...

Just as Donnie entered the room, he spots (Y/N) rubbing her eyes, tired from crying. She reaches for a glass of water next to a book and speaks up, noticing a bit of concern on his face.

"I'm just a bit light-headed from this book..."

"I didn't expect the bittersweet ending and..."

"Reading the epilogue left other important things out of the picture..." (Y/N) said as Donnie briefly looked over the book's summary and the front cover.

"Surprisingly, most of this author's works, gears towards an optimstic side of the sci fi genre."

"And thankful, she's not another one of those authors who relies on an entire page, dedicated to a description on a person's appearance." Donnie said as (Y/N) sipped her drink.

(Y/N) decided not to ask him if he read the book. Since the experimented girl in the book had a similar history to Donnie and his brothers. Genetically altered in a lab to become an ultimate weapon, minus the sad ending.

Suddenly, Donnie got an idea.

"What if, we change the ending,"

"The girl transforms into a monstrous appearance over the dumb 'anything you touch makes any living being sick' trope."

 "And the couple gets their revenge at the company for the devious experiments."

"Then, the epilogue describes their happily ever after." Donnie said as (Y/N) nodded agreeing to that idea.

The next day around 5 pm in the lair...

The whiteboard listed all the notes towards the new ending as Donnie and (Y/N) silently pondered how to approach the new plot.

"Thoughts on including the other living experiments into the revenge scheme?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) sweatdropped.

"If its too lethal or gory, no." (Y/N) said as Donnie lightly frowned.

"Can there at least be a semi-lethal explosion, where everyone is safely out of the building."

"The villains wallow in despair about their destroyed facility as they head to jail." Donnie said as (Y/N) sighed.

"I can't say no to that."

"Although, I never realized how its a reoccurring thing with scientists and explosions." (Y/N) said with a light chuckle as Donnie took slight offense to that comment.

"I rather escape a cool explosion over wasting my time with a boring solution after constantly redoing hypotheses." Donnie said with a huff as (Y/N) tried not to laugh.

2 hours later...

As (Y/N) writes down the final draft of the last chapter in a spare notebook. Donnie couldn't help but, stare at his friend while she was focused with the side project.

He wasn't sure that he made the right decision with rewriting the ending in order to cheer her up. His overthinking self thought, it would have been too forward to hug her. Despite knowing her for the past two years as he took the marker to write on the white board.

(Y/N)'s writing, with the word epilogue, was the only thing there as he silently stood still, almost deep in his thoughts.

"Kind of a lucky coincidence that you already read this book."

"Especially, knowing what happened with the girl and other parts of the plot."

"To be honest, halfway through the story, I was about to recommend it to you since,"

"You're into the sci fi stuff but, it might have brought some bad memories about the past."

"Specifically, with you, your brothers, and Splinter..." (Y/N) said hugging the notebook as Donnie put the marker down.

"What happened in the past, stays in the past."

"Granted, the canon ending was a huge letdown but, at least I wasn't the only one disappointed at it."

"Along with you being considerate on my feelings, regarding that particular book."

Donnie grinned at her as he continued to speak.

"I wouldn't lie that I started having a crush on you for your observant and polite personality..." Donnie said as (Y/N) blushed.

"I guess if we're doing this whole confession thing,"

"You have a cute smile whenever, you're in a good mood."

"I might not know everything on what you're talking about but,"

"You're definitely passionate about a lot of things." (Y/N) said as Donnie hummed.

Donnie's phone rings with a text message as he skims through it, now typing a quick reply.

"Oh shoot! You're supposed to be at the night patrol-"

"I'm just sending a text to Raph, that I'll be currently busy and won't be able to rendezvous with them."

"And not to change the subject but,"

"It won't be long for them to realize that we're dating so, I really want to savor the moment before,"

"The lair becomes a place where I get teased 24/7 about my new girlfriend..." Donnie said as (Y/N) snickered.

1 week later...

"Did it really take a week for the edited epilogue to be finished." April teased as Donnie scoffed.

"Would you rather have three pages of a sad update or ten full pages of daily life shenanigans." Donnie said.

"So, the timeskip to a wedding was already covered." Leo said flipping through a copy of twenty pages containing the alternate ending and extended epilogue.

"Since when were you interested in the plot." Donnie said.

"Says the guy who used the second copy as a large bookmark for the last chapter and borrowed the exact book from (Y/N)."

"Also, I have a slight feeling, most of the dates mentioned in the epilogue had to do with,"

"(Y/N) and Donnie's ideas of a good date..." Leo smirked as the couple blushed in unison.

"Listen, its too easy to end a happily ever after with a wedding!"

"There's already enough tv dramas with that basic ending and its always the boring couple that has the most screen time." (Y/N) said.

"Oh man (Y/N), Donnie's dramatic charisma is really rubbing off of you." Leo said as the conversation continued with the back and forth debate

_________________________

Edited September 5, 2020

A lot of heavy edits into this old request (also too lazy to the edit the part of the previous requests [just a number thing but *shrugs*])

Leave comments or criticisms