45. Raph X Female!IguanaMutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrdr

(Y/N) didn't hate her new iguana appearance, she just missed giving hugs and receiving them as well. She had to be more precise about it after she hugged one of her relatives who later got a cut because of her. Fortunately, her grandfather found the wound to be a cool scar and got off the hook because of his sense of humor. 

She sort of wishes for that optimism and thankful her parents specializes tending to reptiles of her type and others in their jobs as a herpetologists. Her dad has the regular day job as her mother assists reptilian and other amphibian mutants in the night.

(Y/N) tagged along with her mom as they reached the underground building meeting the clients. However an uproar began when the two enter inside as mutants flee away from a battle in the distance. (Y/N) carried her mom to safety thanks to her new strength being an iguana mutant. She perched above one of the overgrown roots viewing the scene after securing her mom in a safe place.

Her mom covers her gasp realizing her office got destroyed by ninjas with foot symbols on their faces as the group escaped with a purple like metal material.

"Mom look!" (Y/N) said as she pointed to the purple turtle who tried to keep his composure taking care of the other three turtles knocked out from the battle. (Y/N)'s motherly intuition kicks in as she carefully paces her way to the turtle.

Donnie instinctively held his weapon at the older woman who offers to help him. He lowers his weapon when (Y/N) went to her mother's side hiding behind her.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) helped Donnie lifted his unconscious brothers to the emergency area and afterwards she did her best talking to him while waiting for the three to recover.

8 hours later...

Three turtles recovered with minor injuries as Donnie thanked (Y/N) and her mother for their assistance.

(Y/N) visited the four turtles two days later and becomes friends with them.

Raph explained the situation why they were there before the knockout as (Y/N) quietly listens. (Y/N) knew it was none of her business but she offered to be a back up medic in case of a similar emergency. She almost said Donnie's perspective two days ago but held back only being acquainted with him for a short while. He hesitated until recalling her mother's office got destroyed by the foot clan along with the her mother turning down a payment from Donnie after his brothers' recovery.

"All right..."

"But no revenge scheme or I'll tell on your mom." Raph said.

(Y/N) coveted for a hug but restrained herself as she held out her hand. Raph takes her hand as the two teens smiled at each other.

When (Y/N) returned back home, Raph still felt (Y/N)'s handshake and the details of her hand. Her claws were still sharp but she was cautious when she looked at his hand for any cuts after the handshake. More scale like despite the dull color but had more of a vibrant warmth.

He secretly goes to the Mystic Library to learn more about the type of (fave iguana) that's part of (Y/N)'s dna. He often uses 'one of my brothers has an interest in (Y/N) excuse' (specifically at Donnie) whenever he visits (Y/N)'s mom at any random time. (Y/N)'s mom plays along knowing he has a crush on her daughter answering a few questions.

Time Skip to next week...

Today, (Y/N) accompanied the turtles on their usual night patrols. It was kind of a slow night as Raph's brothers played a game of 'I spy' to pass the time in their own route separate from Raph and (Y/N).

"You think Raph's gonna ask (Y/N) on a date?" Mikey asked.

"Probably."

"Considering the crush excuse he uses whenever he chats with her mom." Leo said.

"When a person says..."

"'Oh I'm just asking for a friend'.."

"Sometimes, they're the ones with that said crush." Donnie commented as his brothers nodded in agreement.

(Y/N) and Raph watched the night sky sitting near a rooftop patio. Raph recognized her staring at her hands.

"Still not adjusted to this whole situation..." Raph said as she shook her head no.

"To be honest it's not that.."

"I just miss giving hugs in general..." (Y/N) said as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Raph turned slightly pink as she says that. He never expected that from her as he quickly inspects her appearance.

The pointy spines on top of her head down to her back then the tail aren't good for people giving her surprise hugs. He couldn't think of any other disadvantages aside from his own experiences.

Then an imaginary light bulb lit up above his head giving him an idea.

"(Y/N)!"

"Look at me! I'm also spiky but that never stopped me hugging my brothers, Pops, and April!"

"If you want, I know one type of hug you can do (Y/N)?" Raph asked starting to blush at her.

(Y/N) only nodded as her eyes twinkled as he went over to her. He crouched to her height gently lifting her right arm over his shoulder showing his big grin at her with a side hug. (Y/N) instantly cherished the new hug clinging herself closer to Raph's face as an entire shade of pink fills his red bandana.

"I think they're both dating if (Y/N)'s that close to Raph." Donnie said nonchalantly as Leo almost retched from the sentimental scene.

"Awww! You two make a cute couple!" Mikey said as Raph sighed but glanced back lovingly at a brightened (Y/N).

_____________________________________________________

The part when the foot clan invades the building can before or after Draxum's involvement with them (Just a what if scenario tbh)

Also what happens to a different Donnie in a separate series around the comics is still a wtf why?! to me personally (hopefully this oneshot isn't too sad since the boys only had minor injuries)

Leave comments or criticisms