CHAPTER 7

LISA POV

It's already past night, but I still haven't found a job to start again. After my talk with Jisoo, she got a call from her boss, and she instantly said her goodbye to me, promising she would visit me.

She said she wants to be friends with me because she likes my vibes, and she believes we'll click instantly if we hang out often. I agree because, besides Moonbyul, I don't have friends. Most people are disgusted by me.

My friends from high school left me once they found out about my condition. They called me abnormal, and whenever I recall it, I can't help but be affected.

Am I really special, as Jisoo said? I don't want to believe it. How can I believe her when the only woman I used to love left me because of my condition?

Mina, she's been the love of my life since I was in elementary, and I only had the chance to be close to her in high school. We got along well and became friends because we enjoyed each other's company.

Eventually, we confessed that we had feelings for each other. I was happy because she had been my crush, but in the second year of high school, she became distant. One day, she visited our house, and I didn't notice her entering. After a loud shout, I found out she saw me in a vulnerable moment, and after that incident, she broke up with me. Weeks later, I heard she was already in a relationship with one of the football team captains.

That's how my life is. After people get used to me, they leave. But I told myself that's how it works, and I should get used to it.

Even my parents left me, us. There's no doubt that anyone can leave, no matter how important you are. However, my parents left us because of a tragic accident, and I don't want to talk about it.

I'm currently walking on the side of the road when I feel my phone ringing. I pull it from my pocket and see the owner of the apartment I'm staying in calling me. I tap the answer button and place it near my ear.

"YOU, LISA! IT'S ALREADY THE DUE DATE OF YOUR RENT, AND YOU'RE STILL NOT PAYING FOR YOUR RENT THESE LAST TWO MONTHS! NOW, I TRIED TO BE PATIENT, BUT THIS IS ENOUGH!" The old man angrily yells at the phone.

My eyes widen after realizing it's already the due date, and I forgot about my rent. How can you be so careless, Lisa? I'm really stupid! Argh!

"OH! I'm very sorry, Mr. Yook! I forgot! I promise I will pay you within this month!" I say as I run to the building.

"No! That's enough! Leave my building now!" He sternly says before hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket before running as fast as I can. I go towards the right street to arrive there quickly. After minutes of running, I arrive at the building. I'm about to go inside, but I hear him shout.

"Lisa!" He shouts, and I look above to see him throwing my clothes through the window. I don't waste time and pick each of them.

I see the guard walking towards me, throwing my luggage full of clothes and leaving me. I wait for him to come back because I still have one important thing there. I see the owner come out of the building, so I run towards him.

"Mr. Yook! Please, just a month!" I say as I kneel in front of him and cry.

"There's no way I'll give you a chance again!" He says, yanking my hands.

"Where's the painting? It's mine," I say, looking at him as I stand up because it's no use if I beg him.

"Since you don't have money to pay for your rent, I will keep it instead and sell it," he says.

"No! You can't do that! That's very important to me! Please, I'm begging you!" I beg him.

"That's it. It's already mine," he says before pushing me hard, causing me to stumble on the ground. He goes to his car, not minding me.