CHAPTER 41

JENNIE POV

I park my car on the side road and go out. This place is not that far from my company so it didn't take me so long before I arrive here in the park. This park is very well known here in Seoul but people rarely come here every evening.

They said the park is beautiful when the sun is shining but little did they know this park is more beautiful in the evening because the moon is shining bright as the star does. The temperature for today's is really cold so I just thank all the saints that I place a coat in my car.

I wear it before start walking inside. The park is not that bright because there are only several light posts on every bench which makes it more peaceful and only the lights bulbs and moon are giving the light here in the wonderful park.

This park is the place that my mom and brother used to go to when we were young but even I grew up I still come here alone every night when I feel like I need fresh air and need to be alone.

There are just a few people that I can count on in my two hands but they're all busy. There are two couples and it makes me feel bitter. All of them are all alone like me except for that couple. I think they need to be alone too like me? Well, I don't know and I don't care either.

Since I want to be alone like all alone that I don't want to be near them. I walk further away from them because this park is really huge like hell. So yeah I can see them from afar as if they're just 10 inches tall.

I find the spot I want and sat there as I sigh and I place my hands inside of my coat pocket because of the cold weather. It is already winter? Argh! I don't really know anymore! I've been so busy to the point I don't know if it's already the month of winter.

The night is so peaceful and the star is shining so bright just like the moon. They became the light of this dark park. I love starting at the stars since I was a kid because stars are the only thing that makes me happy.

I didn't notice a tear escape in my eyes again. I've been so wrecked since then. Yes, they see me as a strong woman but they didn't know what I really felt. I'm trying hard to act like nothing makes me sad that nothing makes me scared but the truth is I have all of those.

I choose to hide it because no one can help me besides myself. I hate the fact that day by day I'm seeing myself as the old Jennie I used to be. I hate to accept it but I really do see it whenever I'm with someone.

But me being stubborn kept denying and shrugging off because I don't want to be back to my old self. I don't want it but there's only one thing for that to happen. I need to let go of the woman I met in a bar. I need to let go of the woman who makes me feel safe.

I need to let go of her because I can't let her change me. I can't let her feel something for me.

I sigh again. I make a decision and that's it. There's no turning back and I will lose nothing because Manoban means nothing to me. I live my life without her so there's nothing to worry about because she's just nothing.

I feel nothing.

I stay for a couple of more minutes before I decided to go home because it was already late 9:49 pm. I stand up but before I can step forward I heard someone shouting that make me stop walking away.

"IT'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S FAULT!" I heard a woman's loud voice that was enough for me to hear it because no one notices it beside me. As I said I'm far away from others. 

I frown and decided to find where that comes from. The yelling continued as I walk to one of the big rocks. I take a peek and there I saw the short brunette woman who is wearing a blue hoodie and blue sweatpants and rubber shoes. I can't see her face but she's being pinned by the two men.