CHAPTER 12

LISA POV

"Do you perhaps know why your boss needs to talk to me?" I ask the guy that the girl was talking about.

"I don't know too, Miss. You should be the one to know that," he said as he continues driving.

I've been in this freaking expensive car for an hour, and we're on our way to the city where the company is located. I'm bored right now, and this driver seems to be bored too, but he doesn't want to talk to me?

Anyway, he fetched me from Moonbyul's house because after the call, Byul and I went to their house so that I could take a shower. Of course, even if I'm poor or what they call a freak, I still take care of myself.

I never go out without showering or perfumes or whatever because my mom said you should love yourself first before others. So since I don't have a person to love besides my friend and sisters, I'm loving myself too.

Taking care of myself because no one is there to do it for me. Anyway, I'm thankful Byul's mother is not there because if she is... well, maybe she would have already cursed me to death. She never really liked me.

If I forgot to tell you, she hates me because of so many things, but I think I already mentioned it to all of you. But it's okay if she hates me because Byul's father is very fond of me and even treats me as his daughter.

"Don't you really want to talk to me? I'm already bored," I said as I sigh.

"I'm not as bubbly as you, but I'm not a rude person as you think," he said before he gave me a smile. I'm in the passenger seat anyway.

"How old are you? You seem like just the same age as my father," I said.

"I just turned 42 this month," he said.

"Wow! Belated happy birthday! But you're not the same age as my father," I said.

"Why? How old is he?" He asks and frowns.

"I thought you're not bubbly?" I joke and chuckle.

"Well, I changed my mind because you're really happy to talk too," he said and smiled at me.

Yeah, people see me as a happy, bubbly woman, but they never notice how broken I am inside.

"My father is already 43 years old," I said.

"We just have a 1-year gap. Anyway, where's your dad? Does he know you're coming here to the city?" He asks, causing me to flick a sadness through my eyes.

I stay silent for a minute and spoke. "H-His dead," I stammered.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," he said and glanced at me.

"It's fine. He's already gone for a long time ago, but I don't know why I'm still affected like it just happened yesterday," I said as I remember how I suffered without them.

"One word can only explain why you still haven't moved on from their death," he said, making me gaze at him.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Love. Once you love a person, you will not ever forget them or move forward. Your dad was with you since you were young, and you love him so much. That's why it's hard for you to accept the fact that he's already gone," he said, which makes me nod.

Love...I really do love my parents and I already miss them.

"Where here, Miss," he said as he parks the car in front of this huge building that looks luxurious.

"Are you sure this is the right company?" I ask and frown because this is really luxurious! The CEO must be really rich.

I remember our company...