Your New Girlfriend, Eh?

Year: Half-Blood Prince
House: Gryfindor
Family: James Potter (Father)
Lily Potter (Mother)
Harry Potter (Twin Brother)
Relationship with Hermoine: Best Friend
Type of Chapter: Regular
Trigger Warnings: None

Summary: Hermoine is determined to become Y/N's girlfriend but there's just one thing in her way and that is Lavender Brown, Y/N's current girlfriend. Will she ever get Y/N's affection or will she have to watch her dream boyfriend disappear? Is it possible that Y/N already feels the same way?

Hermoine's POV: I'm trying to be happy for Y/N and Lavender but for some reason, my gut just tells me that something isn't  right here, like I should be in Lavender's position. I mean, they are madly in love but I've always a crush on him and I've always wanted to be his girlfriend.

" 'Hermoine Jean Potter', does it sound good? What do you think, Harry?" I ask the raven-haired boy, imagining being his future brother-in-law. Harry and Ron are the only ones who know about my crush on Y/N and coincidentally, Ron has a humongous crush on Lavender.
"I does sound quite pleasant, I must agree." Ron agrees as we both stare in disgust at the lovey-dovey couple in their choice of partners. It sounds possesive how much we fucking hate the couple.
"You two still staring at Y/N and Lavender?" Neville asks, sitting down next to us and looking in the same direction that the two of us are. He folds his arms on the table and laughs at our expressions, he thinks it's funny how we feel about them when out of their hearing range.
"You can keep your mouth quiet, Neville." I tell him, making him scoff.

Y/N's POV: I catch the gaze of Hermoine once again and my heart skips a beat, knowing that she will never like me back. I mean, I love Lavender but Hermoine has always been at the back of my mind, it's like my brain doesn't want this crush to disintegrate or something, d'ya know what I mean?
"Baby, who you looking at?" Lavender asks me, smiling at me and tugging at my jumper. She follows my gaze, noticing that I'm not looking at her. "Oh, it's Hermoine?" I completely ignore her as I'm way too captured in the brainiac of the Golden Trio's eyes.
"You think she's better than me?" Lavender continues, not really noticing that I'm not listening to a thing that she is saying. "Look at me, baby!"
"Would you honestly leave me alone?" I snap at her, making her bolt off sobbing her eyes out.

Hermoine's POV: We just watch Lavender run out of the room, Ron just looks at us before following her with a determined expression on his face.
"Hermoine, go up to him! Here's your chance!" Neville encourages me, pushing me towards him. I sheepishly walk over to him and you just imagine the rest of our story...

Let's just say, it involves a fairytale romance and a wonderful life.