Overshadowed (Female Y/N)

Year: Order Of The Phoenix
House: Gryfindor

Family:
Arthur Weasley (Father)
Molly Weasley (Mother)
Bill Weasley (Older Brother)
Charlie Weasley (Older Brother)
Fred Weasley (Older Brother)
George Weasley (Older Brother)
Ronald Billius Weasley (Older Twin Brother)
Ginny Weasley (Younger Sister)

Relationship with Hermione: Best Friend/Mutual Crush
Type of Chapter: Angst
Trigger Warnings: None

Summary- When Y/N's family forgets another of her birthdays because of one of her other siblings has to take the spotlight, Hermione comforts her afterwards.

(Just imagine that the Quidditch tryouts for the next year are in March of the year before)

Y/N's POV-

I've been overshadowed by one of my siblings again and they have taken the spotlight even though it's my own birthday and this year it is all about Ron and how he became the new Gryfindor Quidditch Team Keeper. We were born a couple days apart but every birthday has been about him and nothing to do with me and that has how it has been for the last 16 years of my life.

"A toast to another Weasley succeeding with getting onto the Quidditch team!" Dad toasts to Ron's latest success as I'm forced to sit there and celebrate that he's managed to overshadow me again.

"Congratulations, dear, this is simply fantastic!" Mum continues, clasping her hands together. "We made a cake for this occasion!"

"Don't you think that is a bit much, Mum? I mean, he only got onto the Quidditch team, it isn't like he got made Head Boy or something like that..."

"Don't be ridiculous, Y/N, we're allowed to celebrate your brother's success!" Mum heads into the kitchen, Ron looks over at me with pride but then I catch Hermione's eye.

"Are we just going to forget that it's my 16th birthday?" I speak up finally, looking at my family with my eyebrows raised.

"We can celebrate that another time, Y/N." Dad has the nerve to tell me but the thing is that he said that the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that since I was 6 years old.

"You say that every fucking year..." I mutter under my breath, giving my twin brother the stink eye for the rest of the evening, holding back my emotions. I leave the table without them even seeming to notice, I head up to my bedroom and let the tears out finally.

I then hear the door open with Hermione standing there with a present in her hands before shutting the door behind her.

"I didn't forget! Happy birthday!" She greets me, allowing a small smile to grow on my face, I give her a hug and silently thank her. "I'll never forget your birthday! You're my best friend."

"Thanks, Hermione, I just wish that my own family was like this."

"How about for your next birthday, you come and spend it with me instead of them because it seems that they don't care enough?" I nod my head, feeling the smile grow wider and wider when all of a sudden, I hear the door open again to see Fred and George standing there.

"Seems that Mum and Dad have forgotten again?" George looks down at me with a sympathetic look on his face. "Ron looked annoyed that you mentioned that they had actually forgotten because it was obvious that he wanted the celebration to be all about him."

"So we got you something, it isn't much but we tried..." Fred hands over a present so I walk over to them and give both of them a hug. "We can't be forgetting about your birthday, what kind of older brothers would we be?"

"Thank you, it means a lot."

"We'll leave you two alone, we're going to go and have a chat to Mum and Dad about them doing this again." Fred tells me before both of them head off back downstairs, leaving me and Hermione.

I pull Hermione into another hug before feeling something inside so I kiss her on the lips, out of nowhere and surprisingly, she kisses me back.

"I love you, Hermione Granger."

"I love you too, Y/N Weasley."

The day wasn't all sunshine and rainbows because over the next couple of years, I never actually got an apology from either of my parents for the years that I had a missed birthday and Ron continued to hate me for even bringing it up but I know that there are people in my life who do care and will remember my birthday...