Sacrifice (Male OC)

Full Name: Corbyn Anthony Granger
Age/Birthdate/ Year: 14 year old, Born January 19th 1984, Deathly Hallows Part 2 (1998)
Hogwarts House: Gryfindor

Family and Relationships:
Mr Granger (Father)
Mrs Granger (Mother)
Hermione Jean Granger (Older Sister)

Relationship with Hermione: Older Sister
Type of Chapter: ⚠️Angst⚠️
Trigger Warnings- ⚠️ Contains the death of a child and suicidal thoughts⚠️

Summary- Corbyn begs Hermione to kill him to save her own life in the Room Of Requirement

Corbyn's POV-

Me, Hermione and Ron have been on the search for Harry since we got out of the Chamber Of Secrets and I had to see my sister and Ron kiss which was kind of disgusting...

But to be honest, I've been rooting for them for the last couple of years, they have been flirting with one another for months at this point.

All of a sudden, we start hearing commotion and Hermione ducks my head as we see Harry, Draco, Blaise and Goyle all approach one another.

"What brings you here, Potter?"

"I could ask you the same question, Malfoy." A few more seconds go by and then Hermione strikes, throwing a curse at them but then Goyle tries the Killing Curse and we see Ron run after them.

But then give seconds later, he comes back screaming like a little girl before grabbing Hermione's hand, Hermione grabs onto my hand and pulls me, nearly yanking my shoulder out of its socket.

I lose them as I lose Hermione's grip but manage to climb up a pile of debris to escape the danger.

"HERMIONE!" I yell out as I watch as the flames get higher and higher, thankfully, Hermione comes back for me on a broom, grabbing my hand but I don't get a proper grip and is hanging on for dear life. I have a death-grip on her shirt and I can just see that I'm making her struggle to stay balanced on her broom.

"I-I'm losing grip! Hermione!" I exclaim, holding on for dear life with just one hand.

Hermione's POV-

I grab Corbyn's hand as tightly as I can but as we head for the exit, I suddenly lose his grip and look back to see my brother plummet into the flames.

"CORBYN! FUCK, NO!" I scream as we get out of the Room Of Requirement, toppling onto the floor. "NO, NO, NO, FUCK!"

"Hermione..." Ron tries to comfort me but I'm so overwhelmed that I burst out crying at the fact that my brother is fucking dead and it's all my fault. "I'm so sorry..."

"HE'S GONE AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" I yell, inconsolable from what I have just seen.

Harry and Ron both pull me into a hug, doing everything that they can to comfort me but there's nothing that they can do, he's dead...

A few years later-

I still cannot comprehend that it's been 5 years since my younger brother lost his life... I never thought that I would have to bury him this early but you can never really tell what the future has in store for you. I still remember us when we were little, I remember his cute little laugh or the look on his face when I returned home from my third year of Hogwarts.

I have contemplated taking my own life but that wouldn't bring him back, it will just give more people pain and that's the one thing that I don't want at the moment.

Me and Ron got married recently and I remembered to leave him a seat at the wedding, even if he couldn't be there in the flesh but the spirit...

He's always going to be in my heart no matter what happens in the future.