Mistake (Female Y/N)

Year: Deathly Hallows Part 1
House: Hufflepuff

Family and Relationships:
Amos Diggory (Father)
Unknown (Mother)
Cedric Diggory (Deceased Older Brother)

Relationship with Hermione: On-and-Off-Relationship
Type of Chapter: Angst
Trigger Warnings: ⚠️Mentions of Self-Harm and a Suicide Attempt⚠️

Summary: Tensions are high between Hermione and Y/N as neither of them can ever seem to be on the same page, but when Hermione calls their entire relationship a mistake, Y/N cannot believe her ears

Y/N's POV: So me and my girlfriend Hermione have not been on good terms lately with an array of arguments ranging from my tardiness to our general time together and I am not gonna lie, it is actually annoying me a lot!

"I don't know what I have done, Hermione!" I fight back as another argument arises, late at night about some absolute stupid topic which is her being jealous of my friendship with Luna as if I'm gonna do something unfaithful...

Luna has been my bestest friend ever since we met when we were younger, she has always been so lovely, adorable and precious which kind of makes me understand Hermione's jealousy in a slight way. We are currently in the middle of a forrest, hunting for Lord Voldemort's stupid 8 Horcruxes and though, we are all stressed about everything that is happening at this moment, Hermione thought this would be the perfect time to cause another bloody argument.

"You know how I feel about you and Luna together! Why are you still hanging out with her!?" She exclaims, shattering my heart in two with her rude words.
"I hang out with her because she has been my bestest friend ever since we were young! I told her all about my crush on you and how you make me feel before asking you out back in 4th year!" I retaliate, not letting her win again.
"I'm your damn girlfriend, Y/N! Over the last year, you have barely hung out with me, it's always Luna!" She tells me with an aggressive tone.

"Hermione, you don't bloody well understand how much Luna means to me!" I admit, shedding a tear or two. "Back in 5th year, I was ready to end it all after Cedric's death! I had a knife to my wrist and was just ready to slit it open with a deep cut. The scars that lay on my left wrist is from all of the dreadful nights that I would lay in the girl's bathroom, cutting my skin with a broken razor blade!"

Her breath hitches at that last part but then I see her expression switch back in an instant...
"Make a decision, Y/N. If there was a pit of flames underneath me and Luna and you could only save one of us, who would it be?" She challenges me, furiously crossing her arms.
"If I had to choose between you and Luna, that would be theoretically impossible, I would rather kill myself than see either of you die." I explain and she sighs heavily as Harry and Ron re-enter the tent, looking absolutely exhausted and sweaty

Harry and Ron normally just leave me and Hermione to ourselves whenever a argument would arise from either of us, they would normally go to the courtyard to play-fight and muck around with our wands

"You know what, I don't even know why I asked you out in the first place, Y/N Y/L/N!" Hermione continues to berate me, I watch Ron and Harry's eyes both widen. "I knew dating you was the biggest mistake that I ever would make!"

Before I can say another word, she gasps at her outburst and immediately starts apologizing but instead of believing her, I just grab my stuff and shove past her and out of the tent...
"Y/N, baby, stop!" She calls out, chasing me through the forest before grabbing my arm.
"Get off of me, Hermione! Stay the fuck away from me, we are done!" I snap at her, watching her face drain from all colour.

Hermione's POV: My heart sinks past my stomach as I watch her leave my sight, carrying her bags with her. I've just ruined a relationship with one of the most important people to me, I'm the worst in the universe!