Not Good Enough For You (Part 2)

Several years later, Hermione's POV-

Why did I do that? Why did I kill him? I just know that he's laughing at me in clouds after what happened between me and Ron. It's ironic to think about this now because I thought that I would outrun karma. I'm still bloody surprised that I didn't get sent to Askaban for killing him on that fateful day that seemed to be the catalyst for everything to be going downhill.

But no, I stumbled and now, Ron ended up cheating on me with another girl. I'm all alone again after years of feeling like I was on top of the world.

The rain seems to be mercilessly bolting down on the window of my bedroom in my parents house as I lay there numb with no feeling in my body anymore. That is until I hear a knocking at my door, I manage to get myself out of bed and to the door where I see my mum standing there.

"I've got somebody who would like to see you, sweetheart." She steps aside and that's where I see Harry and Ginny with weak smiles on their faces.

"Hey Hermione, how are you?" Ginny pulls me into her arms, feeling my eyes immediately starting to water. "We heard what happened with Ron and we knew that you needed somebody."

"We came as soon as we had the opportunity." Harry adds, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands which he hands me.

"Thanks guys, at least I have some people still in my life, Mrs Weasley told me that I'm no longer welcome in their house."

"My mum said that? You're always welcome to stay with us two, don't mind what she says." Ginny reminds me, a smile growing on my lips for the first time in a while.

"I wish I could be in the same situation as you Ginny, I just want somebody to fall in love with and start a new life with but with the way that things are going, it seems like that is slowly falling apart."

"You just need to get yourself back out there again, I know it will be a struggle at first but I'm telling you Hermione, there are millions of people who would want to just have one chance." Ginny tells me, bringing a much wider smile to my face.

"You're right, Gin, I've been romantically linked to other guys in my life other than Ron and Jacob." I think of all the guys that I have been romantically interested in my life such as Viktor Krum. "I need to get myself back out there and find somebody who's good enough for me."

And before I know it, I had found the love of my life, it might not have been Ron or Jacob but I guess it could be a while lot worse.

Sorry that this is quite short