If I Don't Get Another Chance (Male Y/N) (Requested)

Year: Deathly Hallows Part 1
House: Gryfindor

Relationship with Hermione: Girlfriend
Type of Chapter: Fluff
Trigger Warnings: ⚠️Contains triggering subjects⚠️

Summary- Since Y/N isn't sure that he would survive this whole Horcrux ordeal, he asks Hermione to marry him.

Hermione's POV, on the 18th of December 1997-

Y/N hasn't been talking for a while now, I don't know what's going on with him or if I'm the one that has caused it. All I know is that he has not said a word for the last couple of days and I am growing worried about him.

He's currently outside doing watch as us three are asleep but I cannot sleep a wink as I'm worrying about my boyfriend's wellbeing.

So I decide to head outside, finding him gazing up at the stars absent-mindedly, his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. I find the sight amusing and a little endearing as he has never been too interested in space or astronomy and to see him like this is funny.

"What's so funny?" He catches my eye as he hears me giggling at him, a weak smile playing on his lips. "Is there something on my handsome face?"

"No, it's just how infatuated you look." His face falls all of a sudden as I speak and I start thinking that I have said something wrong. "Did I say something wrong?"

He shakes his head but doesn't say anything, shrugging my hand off his shoulder and taking a few steps away from me. "I was just thinking about things."

"You care to share some of those thoughts, love?" I cock my head to one side inquisitively.

"I was just thinking about if we're going to survive all of this." He tells me, looking me directly in the eyes which takes me off-guard. "I don't want to lose any of you, I love you three too much for that to ever happen."

"I understand your concern but listen to me, we are going to do everything that we can to keep one another safe, I'm gonna be there for you every step of the way."

"But what if you aren't, Hermione, what if they take me? What if they take you?" He pulls away from my grasp yet again and I see the fear in his eyes, he is dead serious about this but I don't want to think that it could be the reality.

I can't find the right words so I just let him continue with what he has to say.

"I don't want to live without you, I want to get married and raise beautiful children together but all of this is just messing with my head and my hopes and dreams have been fading away ever since." He admits, slumping against a tree. "I'm not the one that he wants but I know that he would kill me if I got in his way."

"I want that all as well, more than anything but nobody can write what is going to happen to us beforehand, I hate to admit it but you're right."

"Marry me, Hermione." I do a double-take as I don't know if I heard him correctly.

"Come again?"

"You heard me." He takes my hand, dropping down onto one knee. "Marry me... I'm doing this now so if I don't get another chance, at least I can cross it off my bucket list."

"Yes, my answer will eternally be yes, no matter what happens" I pull him into my arms, kissing his shoulder. "I promise that we are going to do everything that we can so that you get the chance to make this official."

We just spend the rest of the evening, holding one another as tight as possible. We have to face the truth, we could be here today but dead tomorrow but we need to savour this life that we have been given as it could be taken any second.