Rage

Work was more stressful today and I just wanted to get the hell out of there so I did

Piles on unfinished paperwork sat on my desk that I didn't bother doing. Scheduled meetings go unattended as I didn't bother going. I skipped training some new recruits too. I didn't answer anyones phone call except for my wife's. I fucking gave up on everything because I need a damn break.

They can all fuck off for one day.

My mood immediately lightens up when I see my wife watching tv as the twins crawl around the living room.

I slump down next to my girl and peck her cheek.

"You okay?" She asks worriedly.

"Tired." I mutter and breathe a sigh of relief as she trails her fingers through my hair.

"How was work?" She asks, kissing my forehead.

"Shit." I sigh.

"What happened?"

"These fucking gangs think they can get to me by killing my men." I grit out angrily. "It's only a matter of time before this to gets out of hand."

"You've trained them to protect us and they will do just that, okay?" She says softly, "Take the day off tomorrow Ace. You're stressing yourself out too much."

"I can't Riv," I shake my head, "there's too much going on. I'm worried about you and the twins."

"Ace we're fine. Take the day off for me?" I hesitated for a moment so she adds on, "Please?"

I sigh and kiss her. "Anything for you, amore mio." I whisper against her lips.

She smiles and runs her thumb down the side of my face, over my stubble, and across my bottom lip. Her eyes drop down to my mouth when I slowly lick my lips.

"Papà." I pull away with a smirk when I hear my daughter babble as she crawls over to me.

"Hi princess," I say softly and crouch down to her with my arms extended, "I missed you today."

She sits up on her knees in front of me, puts a hand in her mouth, and uses her other one to make grabby hands. I happily scoop her up into my arms and pepper face with soft kisses that has her laughing adorably.

"You miss me too?"

My mouth falls open when she shakes her head with a grin before resting it on my shoulder and wrapping her tiny arms around my neck.

River laughs and I look over at her with my mouth still agape. I want to smile but I'm too shocked to do so.

"Ouch." I wipe a fake tear from my eye.

"Your own daughter." River says in between laughs.

Using my free arm, I pick up my son and peck his cheek. "Did you at least miss me little man?"