"Seriously?"

I'm gonna prank saying I put the wrong petrol in my car, which I didn't by the way because I'm not that stupid

I'm gonna prank saying I put the wrong petrol in my car, which I didn't by the way because I'm not that stupid. Maybe Ace will believe that I am.

Anyway, he's having his dinner late because he was preoccupied with work. He wanted to finish off his work but I kinda forced him to eat.

After checking up on the twins, who are playing on the playstation in the game room downstairs, I make my way back into the kitchen to see my husband sitting on the barstool eating his food while he types away on his phone.

"Hi." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind and resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Hey, love." He says softly, kissing my arm.

"How's the food?" I ask, taking a seat next to him.

"Good." He replies with half his mind on his phone.

"You better not be working right now, Ace." I warn him and when he turns his head towards me I can see the guilty look on his face that tells me that he is.

"I'm not." He lies.

"Oh really?" I tilt my head and raise a brow.

"Of course," He nods his head. "I would never lie to you, amore."

"Show me."

Smirking, he flips his phone and to my surprise he's just scrolling through pictures of me in his gallery. I swear that's all he has in his gallery.

"Why are you looking at those?" I ask him, feeling a smile start to grow on my lips.

"You're just so beautiful." He whispers and leans over to place a light kiss on my cheek.

"Eat your food." I peck his lips and stand up from my seat to grab a drink from the fridge.

"Nice ass."

I roll my eyes and grab a glass from the cupboard. "Such a gentleman." I reply sarcastically.

"Let me take you upstairs and show you how much of a gentleman I can be."

"Ace." I say slowly and he chuckles but doesn't say anything else.

For the next couple of minutes, we talk while he finishes the rest of his food until I remember that I was suppose to prank him.

"You know my gas today costed like $300," I causally say. "I don't understand why it was so expensive. Maybe it's because I used the other pump instead."

The fork pauses at his mouth momentarily until he slowly takes another bite out of his food. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. The nozzle wasn't going in my car properly." I tell him and his snaps his head in my direction. "It wouldn't fit into the tank."

"It was fucking diesel, River." He says, running a stressful hand through his hair.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows in fake confusion. "How do you know?"

"Because the nozzle didn't fit in your damn car smart-ass." He says, getting up from his seat and taking his dishes to the sink as he shakes his head.

"But it drove just fine." I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

"You drove with fucking diesel in your car?" He turns his head towards me with wide eyes. "Are you out of your mind?"

"No?"

"Seriously?"

"What?"

He releases a slow breath and pinches the bridges of his nose. "You could've gotten hurt." He says. "You might as well kiss goodbye to your car."

"Why?"

"River, seriously." He looks like he's on the verge of smashing his head against the wall. "Tell me you're joking."

"I'm not Ace." I lie. "It's not a big deal. I'll just put the right one in next time."

"There won't be a next time," He rubs his temples. "We're gonna have to tow the car."

"Why?"

"Because it's fucked now."

"You can't tow my car Ace."

"Well maybe if you used the right gas then we wouldn't have to." He says. I don't give my man any peace. He's looking stressed as fuck right now.

"How am I suppose to get to places now?"

"I'll drive you and we have other cars," He sighs. "Actually, no, I don't know if I can trust you with
in one."

"You can trust me, stupid."

"Look at what you did to your car River," He says. "You can't even use it anymore."

"Well you can't drive me around for the rest of your life."

"Like hell I won't." He scoffs.

"Ace." I groan, tugging on his shirt and dragging him towards me.

"What?" He raises a brow. "You did this to yourself."

"Still." I grumble.

"I can't believe you put diesel in your car." He mutters under his breath.

"Well you're lucky I didn't." I say and he snaps his gaze towards me.

"What do you mean? So you didn't put diesel in your car?"

"Of course not," I smile and his whole body visibly relaxes. "I'm not that stupid Ace."

"Thank God."

thank you anonymous for the suggestion! <3