False-alarm

My wife has been pregnant for nine months and her due date is soon

My wife has been pregnant for nine months and her due date is soon. Although recently she has been experiencing lower abdominal pain, cramps, and a few contractions which I thought was normal given how far long she is.

I hate how she's in pain. Especially when there's nothing I can do about it. It makes me feel helpless.

Since she has been in pain all day, I took the day off work to be with her. Right now she's taking a nap beside me on our bed while I finish up some work on my laptop.

There's still a frown on her face even when she sleeps and I just know she's in pain. I gave her a massage which lulled her to sleep but her pain only resided temporarily.

I turn my head around when she suddenly starts stirring in her sleep. She turns around and wraps her arm around me, shuffling closer to me.

Smiling, I place my laptop on the nightstand and wrap my arms around her frame, bringing her into my chest. A soft sigh leaves her lips when I rub her stomach to hopefully ease the pain she's feeling.

Her eyes then flutter open slowly and I lean over to kiss her cheek. "Hi." I whisper.

"Hi." She murmurs.

"How was your sleep beautiful?" I mutter.

"Good." She says softly and starts getting out of bed.

"You okay?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Bathroom." She mutters so I immediately get out of bed to help her up.

With a small groan, she gets up from the bed with my help and heads inside the bathroom. While I wait for her, I check my messages on my phone and by the time I'm done she's out.

"Come here Riv." I say, sitting down on the bed.

With a wince, she waddles her way over here and slowly lowers herself in between my thighs with her back facing my front.

"Ace." She whimpers and my heart shatters.

"I know baby, I know." I mutter, "Lay back. I've got you."

She lays her head back against my shoulder and relaxes into my arms. I use one hand to stroke her hair gently and use the other to rub her lower stomach.

She sighs under my touch and I can practically feel the tension leaving from her body. He nap didn't seem to help. Neither did the heating pad I gave her earlier.

"Better?" I question but she shakes her head and I feel helpless. I've tried everything. "Should we just call the midwife? I hate seeing you like this."

"No I'm fine." She whispers but I don't buy her bullshit.

"You're not," I say, reaching for my phone on the nightstand. "You've been in pain all day. I'm calling her."