Accent

"Pass me that bottle of water please

"Pass me that bottle of water please." River says but her British accent is a little too strong today so I don't understand what she wants me to give her.

"Pass you what?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at her.

"The bottle of water." She says. I'm so lost.

"What?" I ask in genuine confusion, leaning my forearms against the kitchen counter.

She glares at me and aggressively snatches the bottle of water from beside me. "This," She scowls, waving the bottle in her hand. "The bottle of fucking water dipshit."

"Do you just not pronounce your Ts?" I tease her, knowing damn well this woman will kill me for making fun of her accent. It comes out sometimes and I find it so fucking cute.

"Count your days motherfucker." She says, pointing a finger at me.

"Your threats don't faze me, love." I reply, reaching over and cupping her chin.

"Get away," She grumbles, pushing me away. "You're always bullying me."

"Out of love."

"Out of love," She mimics me then scoffs and rolls her eyes as she gets up from her seat. "Wanker."

"There it is again," I smile, watching her walk towards the bin to throw her empty bottle of water away. "That little accent. How long did you say you lived in the UK?"

"I was born there. Stayed there until I was 13." She answers, sitting back down her seat.

"Since you were 13?" I parrot back, surprised.

"Yeah, my Dad's British." She says.

"I didn't know." I reply. She barely talks about her family but I know how much her parents meant to her. It's why we named our son after her father; Matthew. 

"Now you do," She says with a shrug. "I miss living there to be honest."

"We can visit if you want." I say, straightening my spine and walking around to sit beside her.

"We could."

"Let me know a date."

"I want chips." She blurts out.

"There's some in the pantr—"

River suddenly bangs her forehead against the counter and groans. "Not that. I mean fries."

"You call fries chips?" I furrow my eyebrows and feel my lips tug upwards. "What are you? Weird?"

"You call crisps chips?" She fires back. "You're the weirdo here."

"You're married to this weirdo."

"What did I marry into?" She mutters.

"Shut up you love me." 

"Whatever," She rolls her eyes but there's a small smile on her pretty face. "You're half American, right?"

"All Italian, baby." I reply.

"Really?" She asks with wide eyes.

"Mhm," I nod my head. "Born and raised but I moved to NYC when I was ten."

"I would never of guessed," She replies. "You don't have an accent. Apart from when you're really pissed off."

"Analysing me, love?" I smirk, pulling her chair closer to me and caging her between my arms.

"Fuck off."

"Mhm," I hum, dropping my forehead down to hers. "I think your accent's cute."

"Yeah?" She murmurs.

"No." I deadpan and she smacks my shoulder.

"Asshole."

"I'm kidding," I chuckle, wrapping my arms around her waist. "I love your accent."

"And I love you."

thank you for the suggestion! <3