Suffocating

Therapy sucks

Therapy sucks. I hate talking about how I feel. Especially to some stranger. I only feel safe talking about my emotions to River but I can't burden her with that. Especially now that she's six months pregnant. She has already got a lot on her plate. Pregnancy hormones and shit.

Anyways, I've been in therapy for three months now. It's hard but I have to do this for River and the twins.  It's been a little rough lately because my birthday is around the corner and these sudden rush of emotions is hard to deal with.

Fuck.

I just had another session with the therapist and I'm sitting in the car, exhausted. Not physically but mentally. I want to get as far away from this office as soon as possible but I sit here motionless as I stare down at the wheel.

I need a drink to drown out these thoughts. I know I shouldn't though.

My phone rings and snaps me out of my trance. My wife's name flashes across the screen and I reach over the centre console to grab my phone and answer her call.

"Hey, husband." Her soft voice rings through the other line and I feel the weight on my chest immediately lift.

"Hi, wife." I say quietly, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Therapy done?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Wanna talk about it when you get home?"

"Mhm." I hum, releasing a deep sigh. 

"Alright, then get home quickly," She says. "I wanna see you. I missed you so much today."

A small smile cracks onto my face. "I missed you too."

"I can't wait to see you." She says and just from the tone in her voice I can tell she's smiling. I want to see that beautiful smile right now. That beautiful, beautiful smile.

"I'll be as quick as I can." I reply, starting up the engine and driving out the parking lot.

"Okay. See you soon."

xXx

Got home quicker than I thought because I just really wanted to see River. Today's been rough and I need her.

"Ace." My wife greets me by the front door, wrapping her arms around my neck and going on her tiptoes to kiss me. Short ass.

My arms circle around her waist as I kiss her back. I melt into her, already feeling the weight of the world being lifted off my shoulders. Just having her in my arms like this makes everything better.

"Hi." I whisper against her lips, leaning my forehead against hers.

"Hi." She whispers back with a grin. "You wanna talk about your session today after dinner?"