Chapter 17

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 17

    The New Year is coming soon, relatives and friends had to walk around a year ago, and the closer the New Year is, the more juniors will give gifts.

    Li Ji is an elder in the village, so gift-giving is of course indispensable. However, the gifts they gave were not heavy gifts. The previous gifts were all given to elders with high prestige, and the ones sent to Li Ji were basically just a formality.

    Something big happened in the village. In fact, the village is only this big, and anything that has a little influence is considered a major event.

    The daughter of the Zhao family who was sold by Zhao Qian a few years ago is back. Although it is not common for the family to sell their wives and sons, it is not uncommon. Introduce your daughter to a prostitute in the city and sell her to a wealthy family in the city as a maid, and get a few taels of silver enough to eat and drink for the family for several years.

    As the name suggests, Zhao Qian has two daughters, the eldest daughter Zhao Zhenzhu and the second daughter Zhao Feicui. A few years ago, the family was healthy and wanted to go to the city to eat roast duck, but it was too expensive. The daughter-in-law sold the eldest daughter, Zhao Zhenzhu, and bought a roast duck home. The remaining family of three ate all the haysai after eating, and then leisurely said that it was in exchange for selling the girl.

    For this reason, there was a lot of jokes in the village back then. Zhao Qian's wife beat the village twice with a feather duster and cried for several days.

    However, if a person is sold, he is sold and cannot be recovered, and the child has already fallen into slavery and cannot return.

    If the family's conditions can't be solved, everyone in the village of selling a girl will understand, but like this kind of selling a girl for a roast duck, the village talked about it for a long time, and said it, and soon forgot.

    This Zhao Qian can be regarded as retribution. Once the girl sold her mother-in-law, there was no more movement in her stomach. The family guarded a young daughter, Zhao Feicui.

    No one would have imagined that the sold Zhao Zhenzhu came back, and without knowing what he had experienced all these years, he actually entered the county magistrate's house to serve the county magistrate's daughter, and became a respectable maid beside Miss Qianjin.

    In the eyes of ordinary people, the sky who is an official, and the servants who serve the official are also great nobles. Zhao Zhenzhu was favored, and it was a grace and an honor to let her go home to visit her parents years ago.

    Zhao Zhenzhu brought back a lot of good things, which were not seen in the village. Her parents were also very happy, and everyone said that the eldest daughter of his family was very promising, and she did not forget her family when she became rich.

    Some people would never see this kind of thing in their entire lives, so they all went to see what Zhao Zhenzhu, who worked as a maid for an official family in the city, looked like now.

    Li Ji originally didn't intend to join in the excitement, but as a senior in the village, it was a bit unreasonable not to go, so he had to drag Er Gouzi over for a formality.