Chapter 93 The Origin of Money (1)

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 93 The Origin of Money (1)

    The magistrate's answer was loud and sound, and he didn't look ashamed at all. Li Ji was puzzled, and asked: "The people rumored it at that time?"

    "No." The county magistrate shook his head, "You're not in my position, you'll know from there. My clean ones, the ones above me are clean. It may not be clean. If there is a big or small matter, it costs one hundred taels to apply for a grant from the higher authorities, but it costs two hundred taels to the Holy One. But the money actually allocated to me may not be even twenty taels. If something goes wrong, where will the money come from?"

    Li Ji suddenly realized: "You mean, you have used all these filial piety on the people?" "

    This is the only feasible way. Taxes can't be less. Some people are superior and others are waiting. I made a mistake, and someone below is waiting to replace it. Although there is a way to properly increase taxes and expand the government’s treasury, the county itself is not a wealthy county, and many people are on the verge of starvation. I can’t get food out of their mouths The interests of merchants move quickly, and they exchange a certain amount of silver for their business convenience. Their business is getting better and better. Wherever the money is needed in this county, the silver also has a source. Isn’t it the best of both worlds.” Li Ji didn’t

    understand The county magistrate said so much about the way of being an official, but Li Ji half understood it.

    "That is to say, you are using the money he gave you to fill the vacancy in the government office, right? On the surface they are filial to you alone, but in fact they are filial to the whole county." "That's right." The county

    magistrate Nodded, "Fortunately, the county can be self-sufficient, and there is no need to wait bitterly for money from the superior."

    The situation in the county in the past two years has indeed been much better than in previous years. At least there are not many children selling in the market. When the county magistrate first came, there were quite a few people who sold their wives and sons, but now there are, but not many.

    I remembered that there was no water in the village before, and it was all because the county magistrate hired people to deliver water to the village. I'm afraid that this money came from the money donated by the merchants. But if there are other ways, the county magistrate will not ruin his reputation to accept these.

    "It's the common people who benefit, and it's a good thing for the common people." As a member of the common people, Li Ji is most qualified to say such words.

    Ordinary people never care about the methods used or the character of the officials. As long as the common people can benefit from it, that is Master Qingtian.

    "You talk thoroughly, but you yourself avoid officialdom. You are very smart, and you know everything. You are suitable for officialdom." These words were spoken by the county magistrate from the bottom of his heart.

    Li Ji shook his head again and again: "I don't know how to read, so what kind of class do I have? If I talk, I can tell the truth, but I can't do things." The magistrate's lips curled up