Chapter 137 Kidnap

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 137 Kidnap

    The new emperor raised his eyebrows, and said: "Love means..."

    Shen Tianzhan was also afraid that he would misunderstand that he was making decisions for his son, of course, there was this element in it.

    "Since it is a family letter, there will be no concealment in what is written here. In my humble opinion, such things are probably common in this country." Shen Tianzhan said, "I dare to ask the saint In recent days, how much tax has been called for those places that have not yet arranged for magistrates to be managed by the army?" The

    new emperor has a lot of things to deal with every day, and the treasury is the top priority. One of the main reasons for the collapse of the previous dynasty was the deficit of the treasury. When the former emperor was sober, half of the treasury had already been embezzled by treacherous officials. Later, the emperor lingered on the sick bed, and the empress dowager in the harem and the powerful officials headed by the empress became even more unscrupulous.

    With such a lesson ahead, the new emperor's primary goal is to expand the treasury. Calling this way, and after entering Beijing, they ransacked the homes of many fat officials, and now the national treasury is very full. In terms of taxes, although the places where officials have been arranged to go there don't know how much the local taxes are, but what they pay is the same as the rules of the previous dynasty.

    As for the places temporarily taken over by soldiers, the household department went to ask about the tax, and basically the answer was that the soldiers didn't understand taxation, so they didn't manage it for the time being, and no one went into it. Even if you want to investigate, you don't have the manpower to investigate.

    The new emperor frowned, looked at the case, and said: "Ai Qing, what you mean is that the local soldiers will collect taxes privately to oppress the people?"

    These soldiers are all fighting the world with the new emperor. If it was another person, I would definitely not dare to say anything. But Shen Tianzhan is not an ordinary person.

    He straightened his back, and said bluntly: "Report to Your Majesty! Yes! Your soldiers are hollowing out your country!"

    These words were too explicit. The new emperor slapped the table and said angrily: "You are presumptuous!"

    Shen Tianzhan both He raised his hand on his chest, neither humble nor overbearing: "The minister is guilty."

    After the anger passed, the new emperor calmed down, his body softened, but he firmly held his hand. It is easy to conquer the country, but it is difficult to defend the country. These words are not empty words. Most of the generals who followed him on the battlefield, especially those who followed him first, were the lowest and most oppressed people.

    Following the turn of the new emperor, Dao is now the master of the country. Their status has improved, but they are calm, or to put it bluntly, their quality has not kept up.

    The rise is too fast, and they haven't even been taught how to secure a high position.

    So after a place was conquered, the soldiers who stayed there to guard the city became the local emperors. Where the sky is high and the emperor is far away, he acts recklessly.