Chapter 128 Saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 128 Saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new

    While driving the pigs, they also carried some chickens over. None of the four people is idle.

    Li Ji and a man were responsible for carrying the pigs and driving the pigs, and Er Gouzi and another stronger man carried the chickens together.

    Because the snow has cleared a path, it is quite easy to walk on, and some narrow places where it is difficult to lift the cage can be shoveled by two pig drivers in time. The snow that has been born is stepped on under the feet, and it does not delay walking at all.

    A group of four arrived at the camp and saw two festive red lanterns hanging outside the camp. I don't know whether it was brought from the foot of the mountain, or it is now pasted with red paper.

    Li Jihe gasped and took two quick steps.

    The two pigs have worked hard on this journey. Since they were born, they have eaten and slept in order to gain weight, and their legs have started to tremble during this journey.

    Li Ji rubbed the pig's head, these two goods will be on the table quickly. The pig hummed as he walked, and was heard by the people inside when he was still outside the camp.

    The two pigs seemed to have heard the movement of people, or smelled the smell of feed, and ran ahead faster. The passages dug out are all to avoid traps, so it is not afraid to walk in directly.

    Humming, the two pigs entered the camp first, and it was still strange to see them first. Are there still pigs haunting this deep mountain and old forest?

    Li Ji chased them out immediately, and said to those dazed people: "Don't let them run around, save the food for the New Year!" There is

    no shortage of meat in the camp. Dried meat to satisfy hunger. So if you say that you are not greedy for meat, you can see that pigs can't help swallowing when they think of the smell of pork.

    I specially picked two fat pigs, each weighing about three hundred catties. Killing them all is definitely enough for the entire base to eat a few large pieces of meat.

    Several men came out to hold down the two pigs together, and found hemp rope to tie up the four hooves. Li Ji asked them to find anyone who knew how to butcher pigs and kill them. The customs are different in different places. Local pigs are slaughtered in Xiaonian, and they will pick up bad places to eat first. Then wait until the New Year's Eve dinner to put the best pork on the table and enjoy it together.

    However, this custom does not apply to poor families, it is only rich families who can afford it. Or if the family has more money, they are willing to buy a piggy to raise for a year and then kill it in the younger year. The rest are at most waiting for other people to kill pigs and are willing to sell them. In the past, they sold them for half a catty.

    Some people are even reluctant to buy pork, so they can only eat their own chickens. There has been drought in the past two years, and there are some unlucky ones who can't eat two pieces of chicken during the Chinese New Year.