Chapter 29

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 29

    Er Gouzi's appearance is so touching, Li Ji thinks Er Gouzi is bubbling cute every time he looks at it, although Er Gouzi's appearance does not match the word cute.

    "Like to grow vegetables? Just wait for the spring. When the snow melts, you can't do it if you don't want to. I happen to have a lot of land in my hand. When I'm busy, it's really a day of farming. Although I'm tired, but It’s really satisfying to harvest in autumn, plowing in spring, cultivating in summer, harvesting in autumn and hiding in winter. We farmers can’t escape this rule.” “

    Planting? Plant more vegetables?” Er Gouzi asked.

    "Basically, the rice and noodles we eat are all grown in the ground. You will understand in the coming year. What else do you like to eat? Then we will grow more." Li Ji laughed.

    "I like to eat them all." Er Gouzi turned his head and touched the scallion leaves that were just over a bunch high. Er Gouzi has always had a good appetite, and he is not picky about food. He can eat anything very delicious.

    In Li Ji's view, this is a kind of blessing. Li Ji also wants to have Er Gouzi's appetite, and he must feel very satisfied if he eats several bowls of rice at a time.

    The little rabbits grew up very fast. After more than half a month, I saw a little rabbit crawling out of the nest made by Li Ji with a ragged cotton jacket. The half-sized little rabbit is the most poignant moment, even Li Ji, a self-proclaimed old man, can't walk when he sees it.

    But the female rabbit is wild after all, and she protects her cubs so well that she won't let them be touched at all. God knows how much Li Ji wants to catch one and give it a hug.

    After a month and a half, it was time to stop breastfeeding. Li Ji first separated the mother rabbit and the baby rabbits with a few boards so that they could see each other and touch each other with their noses, but they couldn't get close to each other. Cannot breastfeed.

    In the first few days, the mother rabbit and the baby rabbits were very anxious, and they seldom ate food. After a long time, they got used to it and got used to it.

    At this time, Li Ji finally had the opportunity to hug the little rabbit. Although the little rabbit is a wild rabbit, he has seen people since he was a child, so he is not afraid at all. Leaves, let alone eat them without caring about other things.

    Er Gouzi wanted to go up the mountain again, now that Li Ji was more or less able to get used to it, he did not forget to tell him to come back early, it is best to catch another male rabbit alive, and find a partner for the female rabbit to continue to give birth to rabbits.

    Er Gouzi made a note, listened to Li Ji's words, put on a thick cotton coat, and went into the mountain again under Li Ji's watchful eye.

    Every time Er Gouzi enters the mountain, it represents a sum of income for the family, and he never returns empty-handed. Every time Li Ji is worried, the villagers are jealous.

    The terrain in the village is barren, and few farmers come out, so their income is also low. Fortunately, the roads are good, and the harvested food can be sold in time, so although they are not rich, they will not starve to death.     In contrast, the current Li Ji's family is different, because Er Gouzi's income from hunting two or three times can exceed the annual income of a normal family in the village. How can there be no reason not to be jealous?     Jealousy is jealousy, and no one can do things that are obvious. But seeing Er Gouzi hunt more and more and earn more and more money, more and more people in the village want to make a fuss about marriage.     Someone came to propose a kiss before, and Er Gouzi was there, and Er Gouzi refused before Li Ji could speak. Today, while Er Gouzi was going up the mountain, three or four people came to the house to say goodbye.     There were four pottery bowls in Li Ji's house, and six guests were not enough to make tea. In the end, only the seniors and older people drank tea.     Li Ji's family has new tea, at least the only one in the village now. People in the village buy tea either as tea foam, or buy a little at a time at the bottom of the box and are reluctant to take it out, and use it to entertain the most important guests. This is often for several years.     Li Ji bought tea for his own family to drink, because he was greedy for enjoyment, and he was not reluctant to part with it. He just drank it as usual, and when guests came to make tea, he couldn't help but drink two more sips.     "I know it's a bit difficult for you, but after all, Er Gouzi lives in your house, and you are Er Gouzi's fourth uncle. Er Gouzi's marriage is still up to you. Although Er Gouzi used to be On the mountain, but these few months have looked like nothing wrong, and honestly, he has no heart, and he is good at hunting. He is already eighteen, and he should marry a wife." The woman who spoke was the daughter-in-law of the Zhao family. His seniority is called Li Ji's fourth uncle.

    "I'm not in charge of this matter, and don't tell me anything about marriage, parents' order, matchmaker's words, Er Gouzi is two years older than me, I call him brother according to his age! And don't look at Er Gouzi's words." Look more honest, but in fact it’s very screwy! I often bring up the matter of marrying him a wife, but he doesn’t like it. I can do it, knock him out with a stick and throw a girl for him? He is a kid who deals with beasts Honestly, it doesn't mean you can play around." Li Ji really didn't want to talk about it, but he couldn't hide when he asked.     The daughter-in-law of the Zhao family complained halfway when she heard this: "But did he listen to you? I have never seen you say anything that he disagrees with. No matter how old you are, then you are also his fourth uncle! What's more, Er Gouzi Growing up in the hills, no one loves you, marrying a daughter-in-law who knows the cold and the hot is better than you two gentlemen fooling around."     Hearing this, Li Ji almost laughed angrily, they fooling around? Is it blind or something? Is there any mess in the yard? Isn't everything in order? The chicken coops are cleaned and piled up in the corner of the backyard every day, which is more neat than most houses in the village.     "That's because you didn't see it. I don't want Er Gouzi to go up the mountain. When did he hear it? There are so many chickens at home, and selling eggs is enough. There is no need for him to go up the mountain to hunt and sell skins. Besides, it's so cold at this time, and the beasts on the mountain are hungry, and when they reach the mountain, their hands and feet are frozen and they can't run, so they go up to deliver food. But don't these two dogs still go up the mountain one after another?" Li Ji     wanted Drinking water, but without a teacup, he swallowed and continued: "You also know that Er Gouzi grew up on the mountain, he thinks things differently from us, and let's not try to make him like a villager, let's He thinks he's weird, and he thinks we're weird too. We can't find him even if he pats his ass and goes back to the mountain in a hurry. He can still live well. You let me take care of him, and you don't want me to take care of him for a few days. That's it. What’s more, it’s like this.”     Li Ji’s every word and every sentence is based on reason, and Xiao Li Ji’s words are logical and clear, and all the rules can be listed. When his father was not dead, he still lamented every day. This son suffered from the lack of money to study. Otherwise, he would have been a scholar with such an active mind.     Li Ji had no chance to read, but Li could still read.

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and exchange, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes