Chapter 79

return

Clear porridge and side dishes [farming]

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 79

    Li Shuisheng's matter still needs to be resolved without delay. Seeing that the sky was clear the next day, I put on the ox cart and went straight to the county.

    The road was muddy, and it was okay for the bullock cart to pass by, and I was not in a hurry to drive the cart, so I just swayed towards the city. Li Ji doesn't care if the cows on the road look at the grass and eat a couple of mouthfuls.

    The cattle raised at home are well fed and fat, and Li Ji is reluctant to kill them. It's a pity that there is no time to breed it. It would be great if such a cow was mated with a regenerated calf. There are two calves in the family, but there is a bull. Unfortunately, this calf is the calf of the cow and cannot be bred to her.

    This cow does a lot of work at home, so it would be a shame to kill it and eat its meat.

    Just thinking about it randomly, I arrived in the county after a while. Because it was raining today, there were not many pedestrians on the road in the county. Several children were chasing each other, and some children were followed by an adult who reprimanded them not to stain their clothes.

    With the money in his pocket, Li Ji walked slowly to the street where the fur shop was located, and went to the fur shop.

    The man was very familiar with Li Ji, so he yelled "Master" twice before going to help stop the ox cart, let Li Ji get off and enter the house, and he took the ox cart to the barn to feed some fodder.

    "The shopkeeper was still talking about my master yesterday, so you are here today." The clerk didn't ask why he didn't bring a leather bag, and came directly, so he must be looking for the shopkeeper. In the past one or two years, it can be said that Li Ji is the one who eats in the store. Because more fur goods were purchased, the higher-ups made more money, and a low-level guy like him would also get some rewards. Although this is a small place, as long as you buy leather goods, the treatment is no worse than that in the provincial capital.     "Okay, you still know that you miss me. Where is the shopkeeper? I owed money a few days ago, and I have been thinking about it all the time. I will send it back as soon as I have time." Li Ji sat on the chair familiarly.     The guy yelled for the shopkeeper to come out. The shopkeeper opened the curtain and saw Li Ji, and immediately smiled.     "Hey, what kind of fragrant wind brought you here?" The pastor of the shopkeeper sat across from Li Ji and directed the staff to serve tea.

    If they are not familiar with each other, what the shopkeeper said is to separate the two. But in the past two years, the two have met quite a lot, and the relationship is more or less familiar. When they hear this again, they feel that the shopkeeper is joking.     "Don't make trouble, isn't this paying back your money?" Li Ji took out a small cloth bag from his bosom, which contained the counted silver coins. Li Ji opened the cloth bag on the table, "You order."     The shopkeeper picked up the cloth bag, weighed it, and put it in his sleeve: "If you want me to say that you are very polite, you are busy in just a few days." Come here and pay back the money. We have so much business, I’m still afraid that you will renege on your debts?” The     shopkeeper is really not afraid of Li Ji’s repudiation, and to be honest, the money in his hands now is basically earned from Li Ji. Yes, the price he gave Li Ji was high, but the price he supplied to his superiors could be even higher. Except for the rent and the money for the buddies, the rest of the profit goes into the shopkeeper's pocket.     If it was a year or two ago, it would have been very difficult for the shopkeeper to take out five taels of silver, but now it is different, even if Li Ji borrowed ten taels of silver, the shopkeeper would be willing.     "It's your business that you don't rush to use it. I feel at ease after paying off the debt here." The man brought the tea, and Li Ji picked up the tea bowl and took a sip of the tea leaves: "The good tea I drink is basically what you drink here. But if I want to buy good tea by myself, I can’t bear it.”     “Drinking tea is a good way to pass the time when you have nothing to do. Cheap has its advantages, and expensive has its advantages. Buy some good tea and drink two bowls when you are in a good mood. , the mood will be better." The shopkeeper took a sip and smiled.     "It makes sense." Li Ji nodded.     After drinking enough tea at the leather goods store and resting, he went out and drove the ox cart straight to the county government office.     There was a guard at the gate of the county government office. When he saw Li Ji approaching, he looked Li Ji up and down. There are quite a few servants in the government office, Li Ji only came here at night, so he didn't know many of them.     "What are you here for?" a yamen servant asked.     Li Ji got out of the bullock cart and said with a smile: "Please tell the official that Li Ji, a grassroots man, came to see the county magistrate. He agreed a few days ago that I would come, and the county magistrate knows."