The Crush

Info - touchy Timmy, best friend, reader is famous, talking about puking from nerves, holding hands platonically, interviewer pushing, admitting crush, stopping potential sex, crying, unprotected sex, confession, mention of making a sex tape

"Here we have the talented Timothée Chalamet and y/n y/l/n," called Jimmy Fallon. We walked out hand in hand.

"Do you have something to announce to us?" Jimmy asked excitedly.

"Huh?" We were confused.

"You're holding hands!" He pointed.

"Oh this," Timmy said, thumb rubbing over my hand sweetly. "We've done this since we were kids. It's just habit now."

"That's right you two have known one another a long time isn't that right," he asked.

"We met in Kindergarten," I acknowledged.

"We have a picture of the two of you together as little ones," he said and the crowd awwwwwd as he showed a picture of me and Timothée at Halloween. We were hugging in the messy way children do, and we were dressed as Thing 1 and Thing 2.

"That's a cute picture, and now you're in a movie together! And you're romantic interests in this new Dune movie. Was that weird for you at all?"

Timothée and I looked at one another.

"Not really for me," I spoke first. "Timothée is a very touchy friend. We've held hands. We hug, I've sat in his lap, he's kissed my cheek, stuff like that, so the only weird part was the kissing scenes."

"Well, it was very hard for me. I was so nervous I actually puked the morning of," Timothée admitted with his signature dorky laugh.

"Wow thanks," I rolled my eyes.

"No, no, the kiss was fine I just had a lot of anxiety about it. I didn't want you walking away thinking, I don't know, that I couldn't kiss well or something it's dumb," he said, waving it away. However, Jimmy had latched onto that.

"Why would you care if she thought you were a bad kisser man? Unless you have a crush on her. You're saying this whole time, throughout your whole life it's all been platonic?"

"I mean....," Timothée trailed off and I looked at him in shock. "There was definitely a time. A longish period, I think two years, where I really had a huge crush on her. I wasn't dating and a lot of people were speculating about the reason. It was her, but like I didn't want to ruin anything so my dumbass was sitting there hoping for a miracle. But no yeah we're completely platonic, only ever had that one day or shooting the kiss and nothing else."

"Are you serious?" I asked him. He finally looked at me. He gulped.

"I mean y-yeah, sorry if that's weird," he said, knee bouncing with worry.

"No, I just had no idea," I said. I wanted to ask dates and timelines but we were on tv.

"What about you y/n, is Timothée alone in his affection?" Jimmy asked.

"No, I mean we're platonic now obviously," I said and Jimmy rolled his eyes as if it weren't obvious.

"But when we were in our early twenties, I had a massive crush on him. I'd decided to get back into writing, and I was showing him all my stuff. One of my characters was based off him. He was always so sweet about it."

"You had a crush on me too?" He asked.

"I mean it wasn't for two years," I said nudging him. "But yeah. I feel like all long term friends probably feel that way at one time or another."