page 11

Chapter 2

Ember then said, "I don't think this is a good idea, I mean you've seen how they come at me with wooden swords." The teacher said, "true." Gray said, "and you've also read my transcript. she'll be safe, they won't get past me." The teacher looked at Ember and then at Gray and said, "I hope you're right, Ember, you know where to go." Ember walked to her spot as she muttered "I still think this is a bad idea."

Gray came up beside her and said, in a low voice "don't worry I won't let them hurt you." His words made her start to remember something, but the teacher made her come back to her senses before the thought got too far. Ember looked up to see one of the guys pass by. His name was Henry he was about the same height as Gray with blonde hair and emerald green eyes. He muttered "he'll fell You know."

Henry bumped into Ember as he passed. Gray stuck his foot out and tripped Henry as he passed. As he started to fall with his sword out Gray caught him and straightened him up. Gray then leaned in and said, "watch your step you might get hurt if you don't." The teacher came up and said "nice catch Gray. Henry didn't I just get finished telling all of you to be careful with the swords."

Henry glared at Gray who smirked in response. The rest of the class missed that Gray tripped Henry and that Henry had bumped into Ember, but Kayla had seen it all. She was surprised as she saw it but said nothing to correct the teacher. As she saw Gray shake his head and look back at Ember and asked quietly "are you okay?" Ember didn't look at him as she said, "I'm fine." Gray nodded and got ready he knew Henry wouldn't hold back now.