page 73

underworld so, I'll keep you alive that's the way he wants to see you so that's the way he'll get you."

As her blood hit the ground a smoke cloud came from the ground and started to wrap around her. She tried to kick it away; she just wanted to make it go away. it didn't work then she felt a hand on her leg as the smoke circled around her rising higher so did the hand. until she was surrounded by the smoke, she then felt something lick the blood from one of her wrists. she felt as if her life was getting pulled from her as she got weaker and weaker.

Suddenly the rope that was tied to her left wrist went loose and she swung out of the smoke and away from the creature in it. the other rope released as she swung and someone caught her. When she looked up to see who it was, she realized it was someone she didn't know. It was a boy named Jack. He had light brown hair and green eyes.

Jack moved quickly to the far wall and set her down. Jack began to defend Ember as best he could but the smoke followed her blood and was coming after her once again. Demetrius and Alexandra were trying to get her back to the ring and back to the smoke. the next thing they knew the smoke pulled away and disappeared as Gray closed the portal. Demetrius screamed as Gray sliced his back making Alexandra back off to treat Demetrius.

Ember was leaning against the wall and had closed her eyes for a moment when she saw Gray approaching. she was relieved he was here. It was clear Jack was on edge but Gray was way too angry to care as he moved to Ember. Jack stepped in Gray's way and said, "stay away." Gray could now see that Ember had passed out by this point.