page 140

can't ignore what you were born for." Ember got angrier and the sword appeared in her hand.

she looked down at it and said, "you can't keep me here anymore and you can't control me." She made a portal and went to Gray's. Ember was so angry at that point when she got there, she didn't say a word, she just started making barriers around the doors that led outside and the windows to keep out everyone except Kayla. Ember didn't mind her coming here but she didn't want the other's here. She saved Gray's room for last.

Anna, Kojak, and Gray just stayed out of her way and followed her. Kojak started to ask her if she was okay and what happened when he saw Gray wasn't going to right away. Anna caught his arm and shook her head when Kojak looked at her. Anna knew Gray Knew what he was doing as they followed her. Kojak went back to watching Ember with Gray and Anna, they could all tell something was wrong but they had no clue what except it had something to do with her family.

When Ember was done Gray went to her and took the sword, put it away, and pulled her into a hug and asked, "what happened?" Ember shook her head and just laid her head against him. He held her close and just let her calm down. the next thing they knew there was banging on the door. Ember's anger flared again as she went downstairs and told the pack to hide, they did as she said,.

She opened the door, they tried to come in but the barrier stopped them. Angela just got madder as she said, "Ember you can't just run away like that, especially not here." Evelyn, Owen, and Kayla looked confused and then Ember saw Jack with them and she got even madder and said, "I've said, it twice now I