page 49

sessions with Alexandra. Well, what a good way to watch him suffer. Making it wear he can't save you without killing you. To make you obey me would destroy him."

He bared his fangs and Ember asked, "what are you?" he smiled and said, "a vampire." She could tell he was serious, and fear shot through her as he looked her in the eyes but then it was gone. she felt more like a puppet on a string. He pushed a button and the chains went loose but she just stood there as he came closer.

her head was screaming at her body to move but the most she could do was stand there. her eyes glued to him as he moved in to bite her. She could just barely feel his fangs on her neck when Gray came in. He moved quickly and cut Demetrius's back forcing Demetrius to recoil and turn his attention to Gray. Ember saw a cut on Demetrius's back as she dropped to her hands and knees.

The fear was back, and she felt cold again as she scooted as far away from Demetrius as possible. she heard Gray's voice as he said, "get away from her Demetrius." You could hear pure anger in his voice. Ember glanced up but Demetrius was in her way. She knew it was Gray.

Ember couldn't hide the surprise in her voice as she said, "Gray!" Demetrius glanced down at her, then back at Gray. he stepped aside just enough for Gray to see Ember but not enough that he couldn't use Ember to hold Gray back. As he said, "why do you care what happens to this girl anyway? She didn't even think you would come. So why die for a girl who has no faith in you? I mean come on Koda there's a girl right down the hall you don't have to die to get. I say go with her."