page 68

everyone was too shocked to stop them. She then had Ember lift her shirt as she did, Lilly began unwrapping Ember's bandages, cleaning the wound and rewrapped it. Lilly then asked, "where is your sword?"

Ember said, "it's in my room." They went to Ember's room and got it out from under her bed. Lilly grabbed the Sheath and tied it to Ember's waist. They went back into the living room Angela looked worried as she asked, "who is this girl?" Ember simply said, "a friend, her name is lily. Gray asked, her to watch over me here and let him know if she saw Demetrius. she was the least likely to be found out by Demetrius or Alexandra so she was the best choice."

Lilly smiled at Ember and gave her a hug. Lilly left with Ember's bloody bandages after Lilly left Ember realized what her plan was and called Gray as fear caught up to her. He was running as fast as he could to get to her as quickly as he could taking the most direct route. When he answered the call Ember said, "Lilly just came in, changed my bandages and left with them. I think she's going to try to lead them away. You have to stop her or at least send her some backup." Gray said, "she'll be fine but I will send someone to her don't worry I'm almost there. If they get to you before me, you remember what I told you to do." Ember began to calm down and said, "yes I remember."

After Ember hung up Gray sent Nanook and a couple others to help Nala. When Ember hung up Owen noticed her sword and asked, "where did you get that Ember?" he pointed to her sword and she said, "Gray put it in my bag before he left so I had a way to protect myself until he got here." Owen then said, "you should give it to me. I know how to use a sword you don't." as