page 168

out there you're clearly hurt and you don't even have a coat."

Ember pulled away from him and kept going, he grabbed her arm again and Ember yelled at him, "let me go." just then he released her and stepped back a little pale. Gray had made a portal to her when he saw her, he was ready for a fight when he stepped out. When the boy that stopped her released her and he backed away, Gray put the swords away and put his coat over her. Ember looked at it and when she saw it was Gray's fur coat, she slipped her arms through as she turned to see him.

He was looking at the army as he asked, "are you okay?" Ember smiled and said, "I'm fine." Just then her head began to spin and she started to fall. Gray caught her and said, "You're lying. Why do you seem weaker right now?" Gray's concern and anger shot up as she said, "I think it has to do with the tranquilizer dart they shot me with when they brought me here."

He stepped closer and let her lean on him. the boy that grabbed her earlier had finally worked past his initial surprise and said, "get away from her she is clearly not okay. what would you get from hurting her?" Ember rolled her eyes and said, "he's not going to hurt me. I'm the one he's here for. I'm the one he's claimed." Ember turned to Gray and said, "Come on, get me out of here." He made a portal, picked Ember up and walked through the portal with her.

they appeared next to the pack, he then put her down, looked at the man and said, "you took, her then lied to me about her being here, and now I find out you used a tranquilizer dart on her." He was shaking with anger as he said, that and his aura was red again as he looked at Blake. Kojak and Anna came over and took