page 18

the fire then he turned to go after Ember when her dad Owen asked, "where's Ember?" Owen had salt and pepper short hair and Sky-blue eyes like Ember and Kayla. Gray ran his hand, threw his hair and said, "we got separated when we did, I turned back to get my sled and dogs. I found your other daughter and brought her back. I'm heading back out for Ember now, take care of your other daughter. I'll be back as soon as I find Ember." Gray left quickly and wrapped his head more with his scarf as he left again.

When he reached his slay, he yelled "call to Nanook she is with Ember." they began to howl. Meanwhile Ember had collapsed in the snow. she was so cold and tired she just couldn't go any farther as she began to pass out, she heard howling. Nanook howled back at them soon the howling got closer and then a slay stopped beside her. Gray jumped off the slay and ran to her and called her name, but she couldn't place the voice due to the scarf covering his face.

he picked her up as he said, "hang on Ember everything is going to be fine I promise." He was so worried about her as he laid her in the slay and covered her up tightly. his brown eyes were what told her it was Gray. She passed out soon after. Nanook laid down on her and helped to keep her warm as they headed back when they got back to her house. He picked her up and sent them home.

He didn't want her family seeing that his team was the pack they wanted to keep her from. as soon as he got her in Evelyn and Kayla took her from him and took her to a room to change her out of her wet clothes and cover her up. Gray waited with Owen who looked at Gray and said, "thank you I don't think we would have been able to find them in time if it weren't for you,