page 191

get that from? It looked pretty new." Gray said, "she got it when she saved me. Demetrius attacked me when I was distracted, Ember moved in the way and took the hit because I got distracted."

Alice was surprised Koda could handle himself, but Ember moved in the way without thinking twice. Gray was worried about Ember; he knew she wouldn't speak to Nala or Nanook if she wouldn't talk to Alice. he grabbed two note books and pins he then called for Nala and Nanook. they started to leave when Alice looked at Gray, she raised an eyebrow as she said, "you know he won't let you in to see her." Gray said, "I know but I don't plan on going in mom and Nala are going to help me talk to her."

They left as they walked. Gray wrote a note to Ember. When they got there Gray was stopped and not allowed in, he handed the notebook to Lilly and the note to Anna. Lilly and Anna went in and up to Alice's room after they came in, they gave Ember a hug and sat with her. Ember gave them a sad smile. She was happy to see them but still couldn't get herself to say anything. Anna handed Ember a paper, it was folded up, Ember smiled and a tear fell down her cheek as she read you forgot this on the cover, she knew it was from Gray.