page 72

Chapter 8

Ember dropped her sword and they were out of the house within seconds. Ember began to struggle when the pain in her side became unbearable and the cold began to get to her. they flew higher as Ember began to pass out not long after they left the house. she knew Gray would come for her. she heard him call her name as she looked back, she saw Demetrius hit Gray hard. Gray hit a tree nearby and fell in the snow.

He didn't get up right away but Ember knew he was still alive, something told her he was as they flew off. Anna treated Gray by pouring water from the spring in sanctuary on his wounds. when he woke up Anna said, "Nala went after them so we didn't lose the trail." Gray said, "good did the others get out safely?" Anna nodded and said, "everyone made it out safely." Gray walked in the house and picked up Ember's sword. He didn't know if they were at the same place as last time so he said, "you guys follow Nala just in case I'm wrong. I'm going to use a portal and check the place they took her last time." Anna nodded and led the pack to follow Nala's trail as Gray opened the portal and walked through.

Meanwhile, when Ember woke up, she was tied up hanging from the ceiling. There was a design on the floor with several circles Surrounding each other with Intricate designs in between her coat and shoes were missing and her clothes were torn and shredded in places. Demetrius walked into the room and said, "finally the fun can begin." He had a knife and cut a small cut on each of her wrists and her ankles. careful not to cut too deeply as he did, he said, "don't worry you won't die from these I need you alive for the sacrifice. your blood will open the gates to the