page 100

they just never wanted that they liked being in Koda's pack. Nobody outside the pack knew how strong each of them was. Gray had never pushed them to try to become alpha's if they didn't want to and they were grateful for that. As everyone watched Lilly said, "Koda is our alpha you had no right to interrogate her or take his coat from her without us even being informed. Koda is not a part of your pack, your family, and he's not your mate. The next time you try something like this..." Ember stood and cut Lilly off as she said, "Lilly that's enough."

Koda's whole pack had been growling at this point. Ember looked at the rest of them and said, "all of you knock it off." they all stopped and looked at Ember as she asked, "where is Gray?'' Koda's pack looked down and Anna said, "Alexandra took hold of him while he was hurt, we couldn't snap him out of it." a tear ran down Ember's cheek and she sat back down as she realized he wouldn't have been taken if she hadn't hurt him.

she said, "we have to go back." Anna didn't look at Ember as she said, "no we need to get you somewhere safe and you need to heal." Ember shook her head and said, "we can't just leave him there we have to go back." June said, "someone explain to me what's going on. Where is Koda and who is this girl? why would you shift in front of her?" Anna turned on June and said, "she is none of your concern and all you need to know is Koda trusts her." that caught June off guard and made her mad as she looked at Ember, she wanted to torcher Ember until she got all her answers but Koda's mom and both Koda's and Kojak's pack were standing in the way and wouldn't let June even get close to Ember.