page 78

about her as he picked her up and put her back on the bed. He had noticed Mike in the room. which made Gray mad.

Mike had no reason to be in here when Ember was asleep. Gray asked, Ember "are you okay?" she nodded Gray didn't move away from her as he asked, Mike "what are you doing in here? you know you're not allowed in here." you could hear the anger in his voice. Mike then said, "Neither are you so why don't we both leave." He sounded sure of himself until the pack came in with Jack and Pete.

they saw Gray first and Jack said, "why are you in here? get away from the girl." Ember quickly said, "I fell out of the bed. Gray was just helping me back into the bed, it's the boy over there. When I woke up, he was right there and a little too close for my comfort. I pushed him away and fell..." as she spoke, she could see the anger rising in Gray so she cut herself off. Gray was trying to control his anger. He didn't want to scare Ember but he didn't like the thought of Mike being in here while Ember was still asleep and no one else was in here with him.

Ember noticed the pack all looking at Mike and growling low. Mike was trapped and his confidence was failing him. Jack and Pete began to try and make Gray stop the pack but he was just as angry and he didn't move as he thought 'what was he doing so close to Ember? What was he doing in this room knowing she was asleep? how dare he scare her like that.' Gray wanted to kill Mike. Ember could see Gray shaking with anger.

When Mike went to say something, Gray was across the room in a flash and he had Mike by the throat. Jack and Pete tried to stop him but were