page 83

blocking my power. It could be because she's human but she's lucky most humans my water would kill. For some reason it can heal her a little. Even a human who has my blessing to enter here would die if they tried to use my water. Ember is special though I don't know why yet." Ember could feel the pain leave her as the poison was pulled out.

Ember relaxed in the water and the dizziness stopped as she passed out in Gray's arms. Gray held Ember close as the spring healed her after she was healed, he got out with her. the spirit of the spring pulled the water from their clothes and said, "she should be fine after some rest you can stay here for a bit. she will be safe here." The spirit then moved some thorns and made a hiding spot in case someone else came in. Gray took Ember and laid her there and put his coat under her head.

Gray looked around and noticed there were no thorns on the walls that faced them. He then asked, the spirit "can you watch her? I need to let everyone know she's okay." Ava nodded and Gray opened a portal to Pete's house. He was outside he got Lilly's attention and let her know what was going on. He then went back and went to Ember.

Gray moved his coat and laid her head on his lap and covered her with his coat. She relaxed a little as she laid there. Gray leaned against the wall; he hadn't slept much since they got her away from Demetrius and Alexandra and he was tired. Now that she was safe, he let himself relax and he fell asleep. When Ember woke up the next morning, she was lying in some grass and her head was on Gray's lap. his coat was over her and he had fallen asleep as she moved, he woke up.