page 145

Ember smiled and said, "it basically means I am Gray's, it's the closest I can get to being a part of the pack by their rules." Kayla said, "so now you're his property" Ember smiled and said, "only to other shifters. To the pack I am a member of the pack and they will protect me as such." Ember wanted to tell Kayla that she was a shifter now so it was more like dating but she couldn't let the others know that. Kayla smiled and said, "So then what are you in the pack."

Gray looked at Kayla and said, "she is my girlfriend so that makes her an alpha as well." Evalyn, Owen, and Angela flinched as he said, that but It made Ember happy to hear him say it. Anna and Kojak came over and Anna said, "though for now that's just with the pack so it's better if she stays with Koda around other shifters." Ember smiled and said, "I'll keep that in mind." Kayla then asked, "how would claiming you protect you from shifters?"

Gray said, "as long as she's claimed by my pack other shifters won't dare to harm her. to shifters going after someone claimed by a pack is like going after the pack. if anyone hurts Ember, we have the right to defend her in any way we see fit and no one can say anything against it because I have claimed her." Kayla then asked, "how do you claim someone anyway?" Gray said, "it's mostly a verbal agreement between shifters and humans. it's a deal the shifter provides protection and the human does what the shifter asks of them. However, the deal between Ember and I is different. I ask nothing of her witch I'm within my rights to do so." When he said that last part, he looked at Jack and the others. He wanted to make sure they knew that even though he asked, nothing of Ember the claim was still good. then Kayla asked, "can a shifter claim a shifter?"