page 59

The doctor's released Ember the next day. She didn't know whether or not to be happy. Gray offered to drive her home since he had to go to her house anyway. She agreed and they left the room before Evelyn could object, she still had to fill out some paperwork. They headed for the elevator quickly.

As soon as they left the building, Ember felt better than she had in a long time. Kayla went with them. They didn't mind, Ember still couldn't look at Gray without seeing that girl kiss him. It bugged her as she thought 'why does it matter who he kissed? It's not like we're dating. He could kiss whoever he wants right. So why do I care?' With Kayla there it made it a little better.

Kayla and Ember talked as they went. Gray stayed quiet. Ember sat next to Gray and Kayla sat next to Ember. When they got to the house Gray had intended to stand outside and wait but they wouldn't let him. They made him come in. Gray hung out with Ember as she packed. He laid on her bed and watched her pack after a little while he sat up and said, "okay what's wrong?" she looked at him and said, "nothing I'm fine." he just looked at her and said, "you're lying you've been acting weird since you woke up in the hospital. if you have a problem with me being." she stopped him as she came over to him and said, "I have no problem with who you are. You're my friend and I'm glad you are. I wouldn't be able to get out of this town at all if you weren't." her little joke didn't help, it just made him feel worse.

Ember sat next to him and said, "have I ever not trusted Koda?" he kept his eyes on her as he said, "no'' she smiled and said, "have I ever not trusted you." He said, "when we first met you didn't trust me." she