page 63

"how will I explain it though?" he smiled and said, "I have faith in you." she smiled but she was still worried. he looked at her he could see she was still worried so he said, "don't worry I'll make 3 barriers around the house so that I know if they get close and come save you."

Ember looked at him and asked, "why do you risk your life to save mine?" he looked at her as he asked, "if the roles were reversed and I was the one in danger would you save me?" she shrugged and said, "why wouldn't I?" he smiled and said, "well then you have your answer." She laughed and said, "So you're crazy two then huh."

Gray rolled his eyes and said, "I'm not crazy and neither are you we're friends. We don't want anything to happen to each other. Why should there be any other reason than that." Ember said, "I guess you're right." Evelyn yelled, "hurry up you two." Gray brought the stuff to the porch. Angela said, "that's far enough boy."

Ember looked at Angela a little confused as she thought 'she is always so nice to everyone why was she acting like this.' Before Ember could say anything, Gray said, "yes mam" he knew Angela could tell what he was and didn't trust him. He sat the stuff on the porch where Angela told him to stop and began to walk to his truck. Ember followed, she wanted to know what was going on.

Evelyn and Angela called out to her; they both wanted her to come back. Ember just kept following Gray when they got to the back of his truck she asked, "do you know my grandma or something? I don't think I have ever seen her like that." he smiled and said, "she's just being protective, don't think too much about it." Ember smiled and asked, "are you leaving now?" he