insomnia//atsushi angst//

*request*

-angst and fluff

-au-atsushi has insomnia

Warning: abused, mention of suicide(dazai)

Not canon reaction
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Third person pov

Atsushi grew up in the orphanage and basically atsushi was beaten each day by the Headmaster. Atsushi would be covered in many open wounds and he didn't want to fall asleep at all so he stayed up until he just passed out. Atsushi slowly developed insomnia at the orphanage but obviously no one cared so no one did anything to help atsushi. Atsushi didn't know what insomnia was because he obviously didn't know much.

Atsushi was soon kicked out of the orphanage and atsushi saved a man from drowning but dazai wanted to commit suicide so he was mad. Atsushi soon found out he was the tiger and got a job at the agency because of dazai. Atsushi learn a lot of things from the agency members and soon learn what insomnia was and he realized he had insomnia.

Atsushi doesn't really trust medication though so he didn't want to take medication to sleep. Atsushi isn't sure on what to do because he won't take medication to sleep at all. 'I mean..still get my work done technically, just I do it a night..' Atsushi thought to himself, atsushi basically does most of his work at night because he's awake at night. Atsushi didn't know what else to do so he just did his work at night. Kunikida actually couldn't argue at all because of that, he technically did his work just not at a normal time, most people do their work.

"I....I can't argue with that I suppose." Kunikida said as atsushi sit on the couch. Everyone else was curious about what kunikida was talking about. "What going on?" Tanizaki ask kunikida as atsushi lay down. "Im taking my nap.." Atsushi said, atsushi was finally feeling tired but he knew he would wake up soon because of the nightmares but at least he got some type of sleep. "So atsushi doesn't yell at!?  But i do!?" dazai ask, dazai found that unfair but he didn't know the full story.

"Atsushi already did all this work so he can technically sleep.." Kunikida explain and everyone looked confused. "Atsushi..apparently has insomnia and basically did all his work at night.." Kunikida explained to everyone and everyone finally understood why atsushi was allowed to take a nap. "Atsushi refuses to take any sleeping pills because he doesn't trust it.." Kunikida said as he sit down and starts to do his own work. Everyone didn't know that atsushi didn't trust sleeping pills or any type of medication so they were a bit surprised but decided not say anything about it for now because atsushi was taking his cat nap. Kyouka was basically sitting right next to atsushi and made sure no one disturbs atsushi.

Atsushi woke up again after an hour but at least he got an hour of sleep. 'A hour..better than no sleep..' Atsushi thought to himself as he suddenly sit up and it startles dazai. "Fuck!" Dazai said as atsushi look at him. Dazai was trying to draw on atsushi face but obviously it failed miserably because atsushi woke up. "trying to draw on my face?" Atsushi ask as he raises a eyebrow and dazai just nervously smiles. "you wouldn't actually draw on my face because I would wake up no matter what..I have greater senses." Atsushi said, and dazai made of frown and looked away.

"Are you feel alright?" Kyouka ask as she give him some water, and atsushi just smiled. "I feel fine.." Atsushi said, it was normal for atsushi to not get many hours of sleep and he was just so used to it, it became a normal thing so it doesn't bother him. Kyouka just smile, but she knew deep down inside that, that was normal for atsushi to not get much sleep. "How about we grab some lunch together?" Kyouka ask atsushi and atsushi just nodded. Kyouka and atsushi usually have lunch together so it wasn't surprising. Atsushi has some tea on Rice as usual because it's his favorite and kyouka actually found it adorable on how atsushi always gets excited when eating tea on rice.

"So why didn't you say anything about having insomnia?" Kyouka asked, atsushi never said anything about it so kyouka was wondering why he didn't say anything at all. "It didn't feel important to mention.." Atsushi said, atsushi didn't think of the important to tell anyone, that he has insomnia. Atsushi somewhat thought, it was a normal thing for people to have insomnia so he didn't see the point on telling anyone. Kyouka just nodded and they enjoy their lunch together as usual.

Yosano did try to convince atsushi to take sleeping pill but atsushi kept saying no because he doesn't trust it at all. Atsushi was perfect okay with not getting much sleep, it was normal to him. Atsushi still got his work done no matter what though so he wasn't slacking off or anything, he just did it at different time than usual people would. Everyone at least try to help atsushi with his insomnia but nothing really actually worked because even if he does sleep, he still gives nightmares.

Atsushi was perfectly fine with his sleep, even if it wasn't much he was still alive so it didn't matter to him. Atsushi does his work at night and gets about two hours of sleep in the morning and does of any other work. Atsushi didn't want to change this at all and no one could convince him take sleeping pills.

(🤷‍♀️the request just says atsushi has insomnia so I hope the requester likes this.)