writer//atsushi is a writer?//

*request*

-angst and fluff

-au-atsushi is a writer.

Warning: suicide(dazai) abuse.

(this is inspired by ao3 story but obviously it will be a different.)

Not canon reaction
*
*
*
*
*
*
Third person pov

Atsushi remembers everything about his childhood but he decided to leave the orphanage after Shibusawa dead. Atsushi woke up to the man's corpse, unable to think straight, he just ran away. Atsushi didn't want to be punished for killing someone so he just ran away and soon ended up in Yokohama city two weeks later. Atsushi was basically homeless but at least he was out of the orphanage. Atsushi came across a certain cat name Natsume soukeki. Atsushi thought it was a normal cat until it turned into a human but atsushi wasn't very surprised because he knew about abilities because he's read it in a book.

Natsume decided to help atsushi and atsushi obviously declined that first because he didn't want to be burden to anyone but after a while atsushi accepted the help. "Don't worry..if it makes you feel better, you can get a job and pay me back after." Natsume said as atsushi take Natsume hand and they started to walk somewhere. 

Atsushi learned about the Natsume soukeki work as an author, finding out about the boy's interest in writing, Natsume suggested the boy try a hand at writing. Atsushi reluctantly went along with it, but obviously atsushi believes that he couldn't write anything special. However, the boy found himself enjoying writing and his works were quite good. Natsume suggested a few connections to get the boy's works published, marking Atsushi's start of his writing career.

Atsushi first started to write simple things but then he started to write his ability. The beast beneath of the moonlight and everyone loved that that book and atsushi grew quite popular. While taking a walk on the riverbank one day, Atsushi encountered a man in the river and after fishing the man out of the river. Atsushi came to learn that the man was trying to kill himself by drowning in the first place. 'Weird..' Atsushi thought to himself as dazai complains about not dying.

'a suicidal man..I could write a book about that..' Atsushi thought to himself as his stomach starts to growl and dazai offered to get him some food and of course atsushi was dragged off before he could get an answer to the man. Atsushi couldn't argue at all because dazai couldn't take no as answer and after a short walk, they arrived at a bar named Lupin ans this was where Atsushi came to acquainted with Oda Sakunosuke and Ango Sakaguchi. "Oda!!" Dazai said with a smile as they walked up to oda and ango. "Who the kid?" Oda ask as he pointed at atsushi and dazai obviously didn't know because he didn't ask for a name.

"Oh..my name is atsushi." Atsushi softly said with a smile and oda immediately recognized that name because he read one of atsushi books before. "I've read one of your books before, I'm quite a fan of your work." Oda said and atsushi immediately turned bright red from being flustered. Atsushi wasn't sure on how to react to that because he's never been in a situation like this before. "Huh!? I didn't expect a young teenager to be famous writer.." Ango said and atsushi just turn more red and dazai nod in agreement.

The night ended with the older trio giving the boy their phone numbers and Dazai asking Atsushi to sign one of his books for him. Atsushi decided to make a book about the suicidal man because why not but of course atsushi didn't tell dazai that at all but atsushi was definitely curious about something. the older trio obviously didn't mention anything about their line of work but atsushi actually found out pretty fast about their line of work and he was surprised to find out. Atsushi didn't know what to feel about it and he was quite mad at them for a while.

After what happened in the Dark Era, Atsushi decided to keep an even closer eye on Yokohama's underworld, especially the Port Mafia because the port mafia was interesting and he wanted to write stuff about it and during all of this he became more famous as a author. Atsushi quickly learned about Dazai's new occupation choice. He quickly arranged a visit to the Agency because he wanted to see dazai again. Atsushi walked into the agency and dazai immediately noticed atsushi and he ran to hug him. "Atsushi!!" Dazai happily says and atsushi just smiled. After this, atsushi kept in contact with Dazai. He also was introduced to the Agency's older members.

Atsushi didn't join any organization but apparently he knew most of the organizations members for some odd known reason but atsushi was apparently meant to be captured by the port mafia because he was known to be the tiger. Atsushi was lucky enough to escape but he also took kyouka with him because kyouka was being abused and it was wrong so atsushi basically save kyouka. Atsushi mostly kept himself but sometimes he stay in the agency because kyouka was curious about a lot of things and atsushi was always free. "Atsushi~!! Is that new book based off of me?" Dazai ask and atsushi just nodded as a no but atsushi was in fact lying because his new book was actually based off of dazai but of course atsushi wasn't going to tell the truth because it's embarrassing.

"Can't believe..we have a famous author in the building.." Tanizaki said and naomi agreed with her brother. The agency was quite known but atsushi was quite famous so it felt a little weird for a famous author to be in the agency building. Atsushi was just smiling the whole time as kyouka talks about something. "Oh! I know! Poe and atsushi would definitely get along, I mean they're both writers!" Ranpo said, and yosano agreed with him. Atsushi actually has heard about poe novels and atsushi really likes reading them so atsushi really excited to meet a writer and poe was embarrassal the whole time. "It nice to meet you." Atsushi softly said to poe and poe just slowly turn red because he's meeting a famous writer so he's obvious pretty nervous. Atsushi and poe obviously got along pretty greatly because they were both writers so it was pretty easy to talk to each other.

"Hehe.." Atsushi said as karl lay on his lap and poe just smiled at that. Atsushi and poe actually got along so great that it made ranpo jealous. "Hehe..look like ranpo is jealous.." Atsushi said as ranpo hug poe and poe just turn more red. After a while atsushi and poe exchange numbers and they basically have been best friends ever since that day.  Atsushi sometimes does work for the agency but he mostly doesn't because he's totally not in the agency, he just hangs out in the building a lot because he obviously knows them quite well.

Atsushi obviously knows the port mafia quite well because of some incidents but obviously the port mafia hasn't tried to kidnap atsushi again and apparently some of the port mafia members are a fan of atsushi work, which doesn't surprise atsushi anymore. 'I need a new book idea..' Atsushi thought to himself as he looked around. ' I did write a book about dazai...so what if..I wrote another book about someone..' Atsushi thought to himself as he looked at the agency member and the tanizaki siblings got his attention and atsushi immediately had an idea on that and he started working on a book based off the tanizaki siblings.

Atsushi still can't believe this is his life now but he obviously quite loves it and he couldn't wish for anything better. Atsushi never expected to be famous author but honestly it's not a bad career and atsushi really loves it. "Atsushi...what are you writing?" Kyouka ask as she sit down and atsushi was writing down some ideas for his new book. "Ideas..for my new book." Atsushi said as he keeps writing and kyouka just watching him because she has nothing better to do. The agency member have always asked about his ideas for a book but he obviously doesn't want to spoil it so they knew nothing about it except for ranpo. Ranpo know everything and you basically can't keep a secret around him so it's obvious he knows everything but he doesn't tell anyone because there's no fun in that. Atsushi is really glad for this life and atsushi is happy being around everyone else and he's happy to be author.

Fukuzawa is perfectly fine with atsushi being in the agency building and fukuzawa has tried to pet atsushi multiple times because technically atsushi is a cat but he just a big cat.

(🤷‍♀️ wasn't entirely sure on what to do so I just went with it and I'm half asleep making this so there might be many mistakes)