1211 - 1220

Chapter 1211 My Axi

  A bite of cake and a bite of vegetables, Ye Wan was very happy to eat.

  After eating two pieces of cake, Ye Wan looked at the woman who hadn't used her chopsticks much and the man who was just drinking porridge with a bit of embarrassment on his face, "Auntie's cooking is so delicious. We've been hungry for a long time." ..."

  "It's okay, just eat. Eat more!"

  The woman pointed to the kitchen with a smile, "Although it's not rich, there is still plenty of food for these few bites. You can eat as much as you want, and you will be full. Okay."

  Ye Wan felt relieved, picked up a piece of cake, put eggs and red kohlrabi on the cake, rolled it up, and ate it deliciously.

  "Auntie, are you and uncle the only two people at home? Where are the children?" He

  was talking casually, and paused when he saw the man eating porridge.

  The woman's expression remained normal, "Three children..."

  "Ahem..."

  The man coughed, and the woman paused, "Two. The eldest daughter is married to Dongli Town next door and only comes back during the holidays. . My younger son is going to school in the town."

  "Isn't it already on vacation?"

  "The college entrance examination is in a few months. The teacher is giving them tutoring, telling them to sprint. They will be back after the New Year..." "

  Ah Are your grades good?"

  "That's good. He is always in the top three in the class. Their teacher also said that as long as he eats well and drinks well and doesn't be nervous during the exam, he will definitely be able to get into college."

  Speaking of his younger son with good grades, The woman spoke a little more than before, "I've seen his paper, and at first glance, it's full of red ticks and very few crosses. Agui said that when he gets admitted to college, he will be able to leave the small town. Looking for him in the future After getting a job, he took me, his father, his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew all to the city." A

  taciturn father and a gentle mother.

  A kind sister and a sensible brother.

  If it weren't for the phrase "two children" that he changed his mouth after coughing, Ye Wan believed that there would be a happy family of four in front of him.

  We chatted for a while with Ye Wan about where the two of them came from, where they watched the sunrise, and where they wanted to go next.

  Seeing that breakfast was all finished, Ye Wan had no intention of leaving yet.

  The woman looked at the man tentatively and said, "His father, how about you go to the town to buy two kilograms of meat and let the guests have lunch at home. This breakfast is too simple."

  The man held the dry pipe tightly and did not look at it. Ye Wan only looked at He Sichen, who had not spoken since entering the room, then got up and went out.

  Ye Wan felt relieved almost as soon as the man left.

  "Auntie, please excuse me..."

  Ye Wan helped the woman put away the dishes and followed her to the kitchen.

  There is almost no farm work to be done in the village in winter.

  After the woman washed the dishes, she took out her sewing basket and started collecting shoe soles.

  One is interested in exploring, and one has been held in the heart for too long and needs to be listened to.

  The third child, who had just been covered in coughing, was brought out so naturally.

  "My Ah Xi was just born from my belly. I only glanced at him before he was taken away by Uncle Mu Hei... He didn't even take a sip of my milk and walked far away. I can still hear He cried."

  There was endless pain in the woman's words, and her eyes were as red as blood, but there was not a single tear.

  It seemed as if too many tears had been shed and the tears had dried up.

  "I thought it would only be three days. In three days, I will be able to see my Axi. Unexpectedly, it will be 24 years after that."

  Beside the warm stove fire, Ye Wan heard a ridiculous and sad sentence s story.

Chapter 1212: Sent to the Gods

  There is an ancient tradition in the tribe where the woman belongs.

  Elderly people who have no children to support them will be provided for by the tribe until they die.

  Children whose parents have died but are still minors are raised by the tribe until they are 18 years old.

  It is the clan leader who makes this decision and practices this tradition from generation to generation.

  It sounds like the leader is the most powerful person in the tribe.

  But the choice of the clan leader is not a village election or a vote by the clan elders.

  It is a gift from God.

  The elders of the tribe live long lives, and each clan leader will decide the candidate for the next clan leader when he is 60 years old.

  God's decree gave the year, month and day when the next patriarch was born, even down to the hour.

  The person who deduced this time was Mu Hei of the tribe.

  The first time he heard the name Mu Hei from a woman, Ye Wan thought it was a personal name.

  Ye Wan soon knew that it wasn't.

  Mu Hei is a wizard in the tribe and the wisest person in the eyes of the tribe.

  "The moment I gave birth to Axi, Uncle Mu Hei showed up, and I knew that Axi was the next patriarch designated by God. ... So even if I was reluctant to leave, I let him take Axi away. But I didn't expect... ..."

  My heart trembled, and the needle pricked her finger. The woman sucked in pain and continued: "But that day, another family also gave birth to a child."

  The two children were born at the same time.

  It's still the time in God's will.

  One is the next clan leader recognized by the tribe, but what about the other one?

  Almost at the same time Ye Wan asked that question in his mind, He Sichen, who had been silent by the wall, raised his head.

  The woman lowered her head to hold the sole of her shoe, "According to the old rules, the other child was to be sent to see the God."

  Send it to the God.

  See the gods.

  How to meet?
  There was a creepy feeling. Even sitting by the fire, Ye Wan could feel a layer of goosebumps on her arms.

  The woman smiled bitterly, "But Mu Hei was old, and he couldn't be cruel, so he sent A Xi away." "

  I cried, and A Sheng also made trouble, but we ransacked the ancestral hall. We couldn't find Axi either."

  "The child sent to meet the gods will definitely be buried in the ancient tomb behind the ancestral hall, but we didn't find him." Her

  hands were shaking so badly that the woman simply threw away the soles of her shoes.

  Only one hand tightly held the sewing basket, "Mu Hei told me when he died that he sent Axi to a far away place. He would grow up in peace and live a long life."

  Licheng is so big . .

  China is bigger.

  Where could they find these two people who didn't know a few Chinese characters?

  They could only comfort themselves with the thought that Mu Hei had never deceived anyone. Their Ah Xi was still alive, living well in a place they didn't know and had never been to.

  There was a sound of opening the door, and the woman quickly wiped the corners of her eyes.

  Ye Wan raised his eyes and saw a man coming in carrying a piece of meat and a bag of vegetables.

  Green leafy vegetables in winter are rare even in villages where crops are grown, let alone cities.

  But in the man's bag, there were red radishes, green lettuce, and purple onions. At first glance, they were all fresh vegetables stained with dew.

  "His dad..."

  The woman seemed to be shocked. When she took the meat and vegetables, she couldn't help but glance at Ye Wan and He Sichen.

  "Let's cook."

  The man said something and looked back at Ye Wan, "Follow me."

  Looking at the woman and then at He Sichen, Ye Wan got up and followed the man into the house.

  The man took out a sealed tube from his pocket and handed it to her.

  Ye Wan's eyes were stunned.