1751 - 1760

Chapter 1751

  Ye Wan didn't sleep well all night.

  The embrace behind him was alternately cold and hot. I could feel him getting up and going to the yard. After a while, he came back and hugged her to continue sleeping. When he found that she couldn't sleep, he gently let go of her again and got up to go out.

  Knowing that he felt uncomfortable and needed some time alone, Ye Wan just pretended not to know and fell asleep and woke up again.

  At dawn, Ye Wan got up and washed up. As soon as he arrived in the yard, he saw Chu Yunzhen coming towards him.

  "Mom, good morning!"

  "Morning..."

  With a gentle smile, Chu Yunzhen stepped forward, looked at Ye Wan and Lu Changchuan, and said, "We have been back for a while, and your father is getting bored to death with shouting every day. So I just want to say hello to you while you are all here, and we will go back."

  Lu Yanhong was the most impatient of those socializing with the wealthy families in the imperial capital.

  Not to mention, Lu Changchuan is his son.

  After coming back for such a long time, either one of them sent me an invitation letter, or another one called me to invite him to dinner. He was busy with socializing every day, and Lu Yanhong was very annoyed.

  I originally thought that I would call Ye Wan to say hello one day, and they would go back.

  Unexpectedly, when I woke up early in the morning, I heard from the housekeeper that Ye Wan was back.

  "Mom..."

  Lu Changchuan's eyes were calm, "Chizhou is getting married next month, won't you drink the wedding banquet?" "Just

  go with Xiao Wan."

  Chu Yunzhen said with a smile, "Although the Lu and Qin families have a good relationship. , but those are the old men of both families, and the friendship between you and Chizhou for two generations. Your father, me, and Chizhou's parents just met and said hello. We will send the wedding gifts in advance When you come back, just you and Xiaowan can hand it over to us."

  "Okay."

  Lu Changchuan nodded and said no more, "Then when are you leaving? I'll see you off."

  "The flight is in the afternoon. Our family will have a good meal at noon. Let's have a meal."

  With that said, Chu Yunzhen turned back to look at Ye Wan, "Xiao Wan hasn't eaten the food cooked by mom yet, has she? Mom will cook at noon today, and it's bound to be your favorite dishes. Come here early after you're done."

  After speaking, Chu Yunzhen patted Ye Wan's hand, turned and left.

  Looking back, you can see Lu Changchuan staring deeply at Chu Yunzhen's back.

  Ye Wan smiled and reached out to poke him, "I remembered an idiom."

  ? ?
  Lu Changchuan looked over, and Ye Wan smiled and said: "The shadow of a snake with a bow in a cup."

  He laughed and shook his head. Lu Changchuan understood what Ye Wan meant.

  Until it is confirmed, everything is just speculation on their part.

  And doubt is the most emotionally damaging.

  Knowing that Wanwan was reminding him not to look at the people and things around him with suspicion until the matter was finalized, Lu Changchuan smiled and nodded, "Okay, listen to my wife!"

  Ye Wan smiled.

  At noon, the family gathered in the restaurant.

  Chu Yunzhen was still busy in the kitchen wearing an apron, and the dining table was already filled with dishes.

  At a glance, they are all the favorite dishes of the two elders of the Lu family, Lu Changchuan and Ye Wan.

  Even Lu Cheng's favorite salt-baked shrimps, Chu Yunzhen made a big plate.

  Lu Yanhong and Chu Yunzhen had already given the century-old seed lotus that Ye Wan had sent back from Hengcheng to Mr. Lu as a token of filial piety.

  I don't know whether the effect of seed lotus is really that magical, or because he is in a good mood because the worries that have been weighing on his heart for so many years are gone. Mr. Lu's spirit is getting better and better visible to the naked eye.

  After finishing the meal, the two elders went back to their room to take a nap.

  Lu Changchuan drove his parents to the airport.

  Ye Wan took Lu Cheng back to the room to do homework.

  The phone buzzed, and when I opened it, I saw the swaying black cross.

  After tapping Lu Cheng on the head to straighten his back, Ye Wan went out and made a phone call.