Chapter 116

"Oh my god," Johns eyes quickly darted away from the two Morgans in the state they were in, "I am so sorry."

"Get the hell out of here!" Amelia quickly covered herself.

"I'm going, I'm going!" John quickly walked out of the barn.

"Jesus," Arthur chuckled as he pulled on his pants, "so much for alone time."

"Seriously." Amelia buttoned up her blouse, looking up at him. "I'm surprised we're ever able to get alone time to begin with."

Arthur laughed as he pulled on his boots and kissed her forehead. He then picked up his shirt and began making his way outside. He left it unbuttoned as he walked towards John, who was rubbing his eyes.

"Care to tell me why you decided to show up unannounced?" Arthur asked as he raked his fingers through his hair.

"Well, it wasn't exactly unannounced," John began, looking over at him, "I made my presence clear."

"What do you want, Marston?"

"Abigail wanted to come and see if you guys would help us."

"With?"

"The barn roof fell apart. She doesn't want to go into town, and it'll be hard work with just me, Charles, and Jack."

"We gotta let our kids know."

"Where are they anyway?" John glanced back at the house.

"They're both on dates."

John's mouth fell open, staring at him wide-eyed. "Dates?"

Arthur nodded.

"As in, your daughter and son taking people out for dinner kind of date?"

"What other kind of date would I be talking about?"

"I don't know." John shrugged. "A day on a calendar?"

"That doesn't even make sense, John!" Arthur threw a stick at him.

"Well, that's the only other kind of date I can think of!"

"Get out of here!" Arthur threw his hands up. "Give us two hours."

"Alright, alright." John chuckled and began making his way towards Rachel.

"Damn idiot," Arthur placed his thumb and finger on the bridge of his nose as Amelia came out of the barn, her boots in her hands.

"What did he want?" Amelia asked.

"We gotta interrupt our kids' dates."

"Why?" Amelia asked, now annoyed.

"We ain't gonna drag them away, just letting them know where to come afterward."

"You still haven't told me what John wanted."

"Barn roof collapsed. Me and you are gonna help them fix it."

"And why do we have to interrupt their dates for that?"

"To let them know to come to Beechers Hope."

Amelia nodded before leaning down and slipping on her boots. She began making her way down to the barn again. Arthur followed behind her.

"I'll take Nick, you take Erika?" She looked over at him as she approached Whiskey. She wasn't gonna take Cowboy since he was still healing.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. Gotta pick up some wood for them, too." He brought Dove out of her stall.

"I can do it." Amelia looked over at him after she climbed up on Whiskey.

"You sure?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Just meet me at Beechers Hope."