Chapter 13

"Arthur, I said get out!"

"No!" He glared down at her. "Not until you tell me what the hell is goin on!"

"I ain't gotta tell you shit!" She began to turn around.

"Amelia!" He grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him. "If you just tell me what's goin on, I'll leave you alone, dammit!"

"Pieprz się." (Fuck you) She muttered.

Arthur was growing more angry with this woman by the minute. He wasn't sure what to do anymore. He glared down at her, his blue eyes staring daggers into her. She tore out of his grip and shoved him.

"Get out." She said, craning her neck upwards. This man made Amelia angry enough to curse in her native language, which was odd seeing as how he saved her.

"I won't." He replied.

"Arthur-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Will you-"

"No."

"Zamknij się!" (Shut up!) She yelled.

Arthur stared down at her. His expression brought a smirk to Amelia's face. Arthur relaxed when he saw her smirk.

Amelia groaned as she paced around. "Głupi człowiek," (you stupid man) she muttered, "you stupid man."

"Once again, what the hell kind of language is that?"

"It's Polish!" She yelled. She turned around and looked at Arthur. "My family is from Poland."

"And you speak it?"

"My father hired a tutor to teach me," she pushed her blonde curls behind her, "she even taught me swear words."

"Does your father know?" He chuckled.

"No," she looked back up at him. "Get out."

"Why are you so angry?"

"Just get out!"

"Amelia-"

"Zamknij się i uciekaj stąd!" (Shut up and get out of here!)

"I don't understand that damn language so speak normally."

"You wanna know why I'm so angry?"

"Yes!"

"Because I keep telling you to get lost and you keep showing up wherever I go!"

Arthur groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. "Why do you keep telling me to get lost?"

"Because the more I try to forget about you, the more you keep showin up!"

"Why do you want to forget about me?"

"Why do you keep asking questions?"

"Because we're actually getting somewhere." Arthur replied bluntly.

Amelia sighed and placed her hands on her hips firmly. "You really wanna know why I'm so angry with you?"

"That's what I've been askin, ain't it?"

Smug. Real smug.

"Because one, you keep taking off with my bounties, two, you didn't mention that you were an outlaw, three, I had to help you stage a fucking murder, and four, you left me!"

"When did I leave you?"

"Eleven years ago!" Amelia yelled. "Eleven years ago, you left without a trace or even a simple goodbye."