Chapter 111

Amelia walked inside the barn with the older couple following behind her. Arthur was watching Nick and Erika from afar with Rose and Lukas. Amelia walked over to him.

"How they doin?" She asked.

"Pretty good," Arthur replied, crossing his arms over his chest, "they haven't picked out any horses yet, though."

Amelia looked back. "Have they had horses before?"

Olivia shook her head. Amelia nodded and approached the four kids. Erika looked over at her mother.

"You two haven't had horses before?" Amelia asked.

"No, Ma'am." Rose answered.

"Okay," she looked down over at her kids, "go wait with your father, I'll take it from here."

They both nodded and walked over to Arthur. Amelia then looked down at Rose and Lukas. "Horses are real simple animals. They're loyal, fast, and strong if you take care of them right. And it also depends on the breed of the horse you pick as well. Dutch Warmbloods are work horses, so they're pretty strong themselves. Andalusians and Thoroughbreds are race horses, so they are fast. Our Gypsy Cobs and Missouri Fox Trotters are Multi Class so they are both strong and fast. And Tennessee Walkers are riding horses, but not for long periods of time."

They both nodded, taking in the information.

"And for the saddles, you wanna make sure you pick out one that will suit yourself and your horse. The saddle depends on the breed of horse as well." Amelia turned around.

"This is Angel, she's one of our Gypsy Cobs. And then there's Whiskey, one of our Male Dutch Warmbloods. We also have two other Missouri Fox Trotters, both female. Allie, and Ophelia. And then there's Zayn. Our Male Brindle Thoroughbred."

Rose looked around before stopping at Angels stall. She looked over at Amelia. "I want her."

"Okay," Amelia opened up her stall and began to lead the big horse out. She handed the reins to Rose and looked over at Lukas, who had stopped at Ophelia's stall.

"She's beautiful."

"That's Ophelia. She's a Silver Dapple Pinto."

"I think I'll take her."

Amelia opened up her stall and led her out. She handed the reins to Lukas and beckoned for them to follow out to the pens. Erika and Nick followed along with Arthur and the grandparents.

"You two," she looked over at her kids, "get them in pens and we'll see about saddles."

They both nodded and Erika walked over to Ophelia. She took her reins from Lukas and he hung back as she put her in a pen. Nick did the same with Angel and put her in a separate pen next to Ophelia.

"Momma, can we show them the saddles?" Erika asked.

Amelia looked over at Arthur. He simply shrugged his shoulders and she looked back at Erika. "Sure, you two can take it from here."

Erika smiled brightly and led the way back to the barn. Amelia, Arthur, and the grandparents hung back in the pens. Amelia looked over at Olivia and Anthony.

"How about we talk prices?"

Olivia nodded and looked over at Anthony. He nodded and cleared his throat. "How much?" He asked cautiously.

Amelia chuckled. "Oh, don't look so flustered," she shook her head, "trust me, you came to the right people for horses. While the stables would normally charge close to nine hundred, we have never charged that much for something that's essential for living."