Chapter 110

Amelia walked out the back door after she finished her second cup of coffee. She spotted Arthur and Nick leading two horses out of the barn. Erika was still inside the barn. Arthur had put Maycee, a Female Black Tovero Missouri Fox Trotter, in a pen outside.

Amelia approached the mare and reached her hand out as she came towards her. Arthur leaned against the pen and looked over at her.

"Think we'll sell some horses today?" He asked her.

Amelia nodded. "I have a good feeling about today."

"Okay." Arthur chuckled.

"Where's our daughter?"

"Trying to coax Saline out of her stall."

Saline was a Female Dark Bay Dutch Warmblood they had raised in this barn. She was attached to Nick, so with Erika trying to coax her out, it wouldn't work.

Amelia turned to Nick, who had just put Nova in her pen. "Nick, go get Saline."

"But Erika-"

"She won't come out with Erika. Go get her."

Nick nodded and jogged down to the barn. He came out a few moments later with Saline. Erika tailed behind him with Thunder. She put him in a pen and walked over to her parents.

"I was doin fine with Saline. I didn't need help."

"Saline is attached to Nick." Amelia answered.

"I was doin fine-"

"You weren't." Arthur looked down at her.

"Yes, I was, Pa."

"Erika," Amelia looked down at her. "That's enough. It's over with, just let it go."

Erika nodded and walked over to Nova's pen. Nick had just walked out of Saline's pen and was leaning against it. He looked over as Arthur joined him.

"Do you think we'll sell any of them?" He asked.

"Your Momma has a good feeling about today, so maybe."

Nick shrugged and looked around the farm. He spotted his mother leading Beauty outside and to a pen next to Nova. After she closed it, she walked over to the two men and sighed.

"You guys want some breakfast?"

"What if someone comes?" Arthur asked.

"There's a sign on the front gate telling them to knock if we're inside." Amelia pointed out.

"Fair enough," Arthur chuckled and gestured  up to the house, "let's go then."

——————————————————————————

After the Morgans finished their breakfast, just as they were about to go back outside, a knock sounded at the front door. Amelia glanced at Arthur before heading to the door. She peeked her head out the curtains before opening it.

It was an older couple with two kids that looked to be Nick and Erika's age. A boy and a girl.

She smiled at them. "Hello," she leaned against the doorframe, "can I help you?"

"Are you Amelia Morgan?"

She nodded in response.

"Oh good," the woman smiled, "we're here to look at horses."

"Well, sure." Amelia looked back in the house. "You guys head out to the pens." She said before stepping outside. "Follow me."

The family followed her out to the pens. Amelia had grabbed her clipboard that was hanging on Beauty's pen and leaned against it.