One♡

Song of the chapter- Never Forget You by Zara Larsson, acoustic version

I held onto the head of her gravestone tightly as I held my eyes down to the floor, the tears drifting down my cold cheeks.

The silence filled the musty air as I kneeled alone holding onto the one thing that I couldn't let go.

The small patch of grass infront of the gravestone was covered in dead and dull flowers, old flowers from the week during her funeral. That was 6 months ago.

Picking up the bouquet of flowers from the side of me I carefully placed the newly arranged flowers on the top of the other flowers. The colours of perplexed blue and the lightest pinks intertwined with one another as it gave the gravestone just a little beaming light.

Moving my blurry eyes up to look at the stone I traced my finger along the engraving.

Alessia Rose
1994 - 2016

The girl who always found strength in others. A loving soul who'll forever remained loved and remembered

I felt the tears hit my cheeks harder as my cries became unsilent, being the only sound to fill my surroundings.

I knew that coming back to Canada was a bad idea, it was a tough decision to make; just about as hard of a decision to make as when I decided to leave in the first place.

I only came back because I felt that six months away from home would be enough for me to fix my broken heart and would help me erase all the memories that took part in the first two years before I left but that was never the case. Everywhere I looked or turned all I could see was a memory with her. It was an endless amount of heartache at every corner.

[Mia's POV]

"Have a nice day Sir" I smiled at the old man as I handed his coffee cup across the counter.

"Thankyou, don't get into trouble to much" he joked through his old and crackly laugh.

"Ofcourse not Benny" I laughed as he turned and slowly walked away from the counter and left the Cafe.

Seeing that no one was next in line I took it as a perfect opportunity to make myself a drink. Turning around I felt my curly ponytail flip over my shoulder as I began preparing my own drink.

As the hot steam rose into my face I continued to let the hot water to fall into the mug, rising the chocolate powder in the bottom to the the top. In the midst of stirring the powder and liquid together I heard the bell signalling that someone had entered the cafe.

Placing the hot drink on the side I left it to cool as I turned around to serve the next customer.

"Welcome to Fitz Cafe, how may I help you today?" I smiled as I stood at one side of the counter.

Laying my eyes onto the customer he didn't say anything at first, he wasn't even looking at me; let alone acting as if he was in a room full of people.

He wore a burgendy hoodie with tightish grey joggers as his dark hair hung scruffily over his head, he looked a mess. I don't mean a mess as in dirty but as in lost and confused.